People are going crazy

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:43 pm
Conweis wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:41 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 pm Mind your own business when you're shopping nosy.
I hate the idea of someone going without food. It is one of the reasons why I did deliveries for the food bank. I try to help where I can.
Me too but unless you're ready to pay for the bag of food you stay quiet. And I'm sure they could manage to see the sauce on the shelf themselves. Some people have reasons for not buying certain brands.
From her story it sounded like she was considering helping out (probably thinking a couple of boxes of pasta would be 5 or 6 bucks), then realized it was $50 instead.

Damn, if she had posted this anon everyone would probably chiming in with "how wonderful you are" or "I would have wanted to help out, too" or their own similar story of them giving $10 to someone who needed to buy their baby formula, but instead you tell her to mind her own business and get on her ass like always. Sheesh, people.
Fairymom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I understand. I went during the hour for vulnerable people since I have a nasty lung fungus that makes me really susceptible to the virus. 2 people got pissy with me till I explained. Many more gave me glares. Its ridiculous.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:00 am

I hate the idea of someone going without food. It is one of the reasons why I did deliveries for the food bank. I try to help where I can.
Me too but unless you're ready to pay for the bag of food you stay quiet. And I'm sure they could manage to see the sauce on the shelf themselves. Some people have reasons for not buying certain brands.
From her story it sounded like she was considering helping out (probably thinking a couple of boxes of pasta would be 5 or 6 bucks), then realized it was $50 instead.

Damn, if she had posted this anon everyone would probably chiming in with "how wonderful you are" or "I would have wanted to help out, too" or their own similar story of them giving $10 to someone who needed to buy their baby formula, but instead you tell her to mind her own business and get on her ass like always. Sheesh, people.
Honestly I don't pay any attention to screen names on here to know who she is.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:13 pm
highlandmum wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:36 pm
xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:29 pm At least they can find ground beef lol haven't been able to find any for the last two weeks.
The store by me had a whole bunch and it was 2.99 a pound for a family pack but it was limit one pack per family per day.
If each person (tween and older) in your family grabbed a pack of ground beef, went to a different register to pay......how would the store know you were family members. There is always a way around store limits.
Most decent people don't need or want to find away around rules just because they think they are more important than others. I get that limits on things like meat are annoying because we are all trying to limit our trips out in public as much as possible. When you can only buy a few packs of meat that won't last a family a week.I understsnd the frustration but finding ways around limits is just greedy and selfish.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:29 pm At least they can find ground beef lol haven't been able to find any for the last two weeks.
The store by me had a whole bunch and it was 2.99 a pound for a family pack but it was limit one pack per family per day.
If each person (tween and older) in your family grabbed a pack of ground beef, went to a different register to pay......how would the store know you were family members. There is always a way around store limits.
We did that For hamburger and toilet paper to get around the limits, so we could fill our freezer and closet and not have to go back to the store for awhile. You do what you need to do to stock up.
Progress, not perfection.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:53 pm

The woman was in a wheel chair and the guy seemed to have a slumped shoulders because he was looking down the entire time. The sauce was on an upper shelf behind the the parmesan cheese cans.
That is the main store I shop at. I could tell you what aisle something is on from memory. LOL! That is how riveting my life is.
Your store doesn't just randomly rearrange entire aisles like Kroger does?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:29 pm I don't know where people live on this site but in 44 years I've never met anyone like people encounter here on a daily basis.
Seriously, I think that every time I read something like this. 53 years on the planet here and have never once encountered nor witnessed anything similar.

And why on earth would you ask how much some strangers grocery tab was? I'd expect a shitty response from them if I did that. I don't know what possesses people sometimes.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:48 am

Most decent people don't need or want to find away around rules just because they think they are more important than others. I get that limits on things like meat are annoying because we are all trying to limit our trips out in public as much as possible. When you can only buy a few packs of meat that won't last a family a week.I understand the frustration but finding ways around limits is just greedy and selfish.
Which unfortunately seems to be the American way these days. We're really getting a good taste of what our fellow planet dwellers are made of.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:00 am

I didn't see her indicate anywhere that she was intending to pay and that's why she asked. It read to me more like it was a question of how can two bags be so much. I'm sure if she would have prefaced it with "I'd like to help you out if I can" it would have been a much different response.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:04 pm
Emmasmom wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:43 pm
That'swhatshesaid wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:06 pm

The fact that they gave you attitude when you were talking to them about the spaghetti sauce should have been a clue that they didn't want your help.
This. I cant imagine pushing myself onto others like this. There is being helpful and then theres being desperate and pathetic looking. OP, mind your own business. You didnt need to know how much their bill was. I can imagine you embarrassed them. And you damn sure didnt need to talk about them to the cashier behind their backs. That was so rude.
I wasn't pushing myself on them. They were a disable older couple and I tried to help with the spaghetti since I thought they couldn't see the spaghetti sauce. She was in a wheelchair and his shoulder was slumped to the point he couldn't look upwards.
As for them being in front of them I wasn't paying attention to them until they sounded upset about not having money. Then I saw the cashier handing the two bags to another cashier. I couldn't put my food on the conveyor belt because the woman was blocking the way. If I had been nosy I would have known they got cigarettes. I was willing to pay for their food. I understand these are trying times and people are short tempered. They bitched about people not helping them get food. I was willing to pay for their food.
I wasn't talking about them. I honestly wanted to know how two bags totaled $50. This isn't some upscale fancy grocery store. Besides I talk to the cashiers all the time. Most know me by name and many times the head cashier will ask me to go into a trainees line because I don't flip out when a mistake is made.
You absolutely did push. It was clear with the sauce they didnt want anything to do with you but you couldn't let it go again when you saw them again. AGAIN you had NO right to ask about their bill AND you DID talk about them behind their back to the cashier. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS
Locked Previous topicNext topic