People are going crazy

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As some know, I wear a mask for multiple reasons, but Covid isn't one of them. (In a Jay-Z voice)
Today even with the rain last night, pollen was blanketing the scenery. I started feeling a tightening in my chest on my morning jog, so today I am wearing my mask.
I went to the store with my 12.5 year old. I parked further away from the store and this older man decides to park right next to me. Then he starts beeping the horn at me. At first I didn't know what was going on. I thought I was biting the white line (I wasn't). Then he started motioning for me to move. All those parking spots and he wanted me to move. When I didn't move my van, he pulled off, flipping me off.
On our way into the store a woman commented on me wearing the mask and my son not having one. My son said loudly. "My Mom has asthma and wears a mask because of the pollen." I told him thanks but we don't have to explain ourselves to strangers.
In the store there was an older couple looking for spaghetti sauce in the pasta aisle. The shelves are almost bare, but there was some Hunt can spaghetti sauce. So I pointed it out to them. The man gets mad and said they wanted Ragu or Prego.
We ended up behind these people in line and noticed they had to put back their food. I saw they had two bags, one with ground beef and another bag with what looked like boxes.
I asked how much was their food and was told it was $50! The woman turns around and shouts at me in a nasty tone "Do you have $50 to give me?!" Even the cashiers look at them in surprise. I apologized and said I don't have that much. They left the store bitching about the hoarding and how no one was willing to help them get food.
I asked how the hell is that $50 worth the food and the cashier said, "They got cigarettes."
So the second bag that I thought was pasta, was actually cigarettes.
People are f**king nuts and some are entitled.
My son told me he doesn't want me going shopping anymore with all the crazy people.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Mind your own business when you're shopping nosy.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't know where people live on this site but in 44 years I've never met anyone like people encounter here on a daily basis.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:25 pm As some know, I wear a mask for multiple reasons, but Covid isn't one of them. (In a Jay-Z voice)
Today even with the rain last night, pollen was blanketing the scenery. I started feeling a tightening in my chest on my morning jog, so today I am wearing my mask.
I went to the store with my 12.5 year old. I parked further away from the store and this older man decides to park right next to me. Then he starts beeping the horn at me. At first I didn't know what was going on. I thought I was biting the white line (I wasn't). Then he started motioning for me to move. All those parking spots and he wanted me to move. When I didn't move my van, he pulled off, flipping me off.
On our way into the store a woman commented on me wearing the mask and my son not having one. My son said loudly. "My Mom has asthma and wears a mask because of the pollen." I told him thanks but we don't have to explain ourselves to strangers.
In the store there was an older couple looking for spaghetti sauce in the pasta aisle. The shelves are almost bare, but there was some Hunt can spaghetti sauce. So I pointed it out to them. The man gets mad and said they wanted Ragu or Prego.
We ended up behind these people in line and noticed they had to put back their food. I saw they had two bags, one with ground beef and another bag with what looked like boxes.
I asked how much was their food and was told it was $50! The woman turns around and shouts at me in a nasty tone "Do you have $50 to give me?!" Even the cashiers look at them in surprise. I apologized and said I don't have that much. They left the store bitching about the hoarding and how no one was willing to help them get food.
I asked how the hell is that $50 worth the food and the cashier said, "They got cigarettes."
So the second bag that I thought was pasta, was actually cigarettes.
People are f**king nuts and some are entitled.
My son told me he doesn't want me going shopping anymore with all the crazy people.
You are the only person I know that attracts so many crazy people IRL and online, lol
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:29 pm I don't know where people live on this site but in 44 years I've never met anyone like people encounter here on a daily basis.
That makes two of us. I even see people wearing masks and bandanas. No one says anything to them. If I try to help someone find something they are polite to me. I can only assume 90 percent of these stories are embellished. Sure I've met assholes but they're a tiny minority.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:29 pm I don't know where people live on this site but in 44 years I've never met anyone like people encounter here on a daily basis.
When I lived in the ghetto this wouldn't had surprised me. I have so many stories so could tell, but I am not used to that in the county.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 pm Mind your own business when you're shopping nosy.
I hate the idea of someone going without food. It is one of the reasons why I did deliveries for the food bank. I try to help where I can.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:41 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 pm Mind your own business when you're shopping nosy.
I hate the idea of someone going without food. It is one of the reasons why I did deliveries for the food bank. I try to help where I can.
Me too but unless you're ready to pay for the bag of food you stay quiet. And I'm sure they could manage to see the sauce on the shelf themselves. Some people have reasons for not buying certain brands.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I try very hard not to talk to people in the store
Sometimes I shop with AirPods in so no one tries to chat
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:43 pm
Conweis wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:41 pm
Me too but unless you're ready to pay for the bag of food you stay quiet. And I'm sure they could manage to see the sauce on the shelf themselves. Some people have reasons for not buying certain brands.
The woman was in a wheel chair and the guy seemed to have a slumped shoulders because he was looking down the entire time. The sauce was on an upper shelf behind the the parmesan cheese cans.
That is the main store I shop at. I could tell you what aisle something is on from memory. LOL! That is how riveting my life is.
Locked Previous topicNext topic