Who disinfects any groceries/purchases that come into your home?

Jessi19
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I saw on another thread someone mentioned they disinfect all groceries and purchases that come into their home as well as the counter when finished. I am doing the same. It’s a big pain in the butt and takes time but due to me being immunocompromised and having a baby at home I’d rather do anything I can to lower my risk of getting Covid-19. I personally am not leaving my house but my husband goes to the grocery store and we then wipe down everything with a clorox wipe unless it’s produce that’s properly washed. So, how about everyone else? Any other ways you’re trying to lower your risk?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’m not wiping down everything that comes into the house. Do you wipe down your mail too?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Obviously produce but nothing else.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My idea of being careful is using hand santizer. Disinfecting groceries never occurred to me honestly. I guess with me there comes a point I'm either going to die by the virus or stroke out from stress. And frankly I'd rather die by the virus than stroke out.
Jessi19
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:41 pm I’m not wiping down everything that comes into the house. Do you wipe down your mail too?
Yes we do
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

No I don't. And the amount of food I brought into this house today after shopping I would be here all day. How are you disinfecting a box of pasta for example?
Jessi19
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:46 pm My idea of being careful is using hand santizer. Disinfecting groceries never occurred to me honestly. I guess with me there comes a point I'm either going to die by the virus or stroke out from stress. And frankly I'd rather die by the virus than stroke out.
I’m honestly not all that stressed out but I do feel I should do everything in my power to lower our risk of getting this thing.
Jessi19
Countess
Countess

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 pm No I don't. And the amount of food I brought into this house today after shopping I would be here all day. How are you disinfecting a box of pasta for example?
Wiping down the outside of the box with a clorox wipe. We’re a family of 5 and have been buying more than the usual groceries to stock up but between my husband and I it only take and extra 15-20min.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Jessi19 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:46 pm My idea of being careful is using hand santizer. Disinfecting groceries never occurred to me honestly. I guess with me there comes a point I'm either going to die by the virus or stroke out from stress. And frankly I'd rather die by the virus than stroke out.
I’m honestly not all that stressed out but I do feel I should do everything in my power to lower our risk of getting this thing.
Just thinking I have to disinfect my groceries stresses me out. To me personally it's paranoia. I can understand your situation but I'm saying for me I'd rather take my chances with the virus.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Jessi19 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:35 pm I saw on another thread someone mentioned they disinfect all groceries and purchases that come into their home as well as the counter when finished. I am doing the same. It’s a big pain in the butt and takes time but due to me being immunocompromised and having a baby at home I’d rather do anything I can to lower my risk of getting Covid-19. I personally am not leaving my house but my husband goes to the grocery store and we then wipe down everything with a clorox wipe unless it’s produce that’s properly washed. So, how about everyone else? Any other ways you’re trying to lower your risk?
I've always washed my fruits and vegetables with a wash before the Pandemic and definitely now. I also wipe everything off with Clorox or Lysol wipes. In my opinion, anyone that doesn't is an idiot and deserves whatever happens to their family for not taking extra precautions
Attachments
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (5.38 KiB) Viewed 393 times
Locked Previous topicNext topic