I wish I could control myself.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don't ever want to talk to my husband again. I've said this so many times before but I always give in and get played like a fool. He knows me so well he knows how to get me talking to him again. He puts on his fake charming act and as soon as I lighten up towards him, he turns back into the monster that he truly is. He doesn't listen to anything I say and everything he says is most of the time a lie. There isn't any point talking to someone like that. It's a total waste of time and energy.

He mocked me and disrespected me in front of his buddies today when I came outside to give him an update from our local news. He embarrasses me and embarrasses himself. He's too stupid to realize how stupid he makes himself look and how he makes me look stupid for staying with him.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:29 pm I don't ever want to talk to my husband again. I've said this so many times before but I always give in and get played like a fool. He knows me so well he knows how to get me talking to him again. He puts on his fake charming act and as soon as I lighten up towards him, he turns back into the monster that he truly is. He doesn't listen to anything I say and everything he says is most of the time a lie. There isn't any point talking to someone like that. It's a total waste of time and energy.

He mocked me and disrespected me in front of his buddies today when I came outside to give him an update from our local news. He embarrasses me and embarrasses himself. He's too stupid to realize how stupid he makes himself look and how he makes me look stupid for staying with him.
Attachments
200.gif
Anonymous 3

Unread post

When he mocked and disrespected you, what did you do in response to that? Have you considered immediately saying, "DH, do you realize how much of a jerk you look like when you mock and disrespect your wife?"
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:29 pm I don't ever want to talk to my husband again. I've said this so many times before but I always give in and get played like a fool. He knows me so well he knows how to get me talking to him again. He puts on his fake charming act and as soon as I lighten up towards him, he turns back into the monster that he truly is. He doesn't listen to anything I say and everything he says is most of the time a lie. There isn't any point talking to someone like that. It's a total waste of time and energy.

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So....what are you gonna do about it
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Tell him what an asshole he is. In front of everybody.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

People treat you how you allow them to. He doesn't make you look stupid that's you. He makes himself look stupid. He's responsible for him, you are responsible for you.

You can control it, you just choose not to.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why do you put up with it? Living your life with such anger.. Wasting time making sure you don’t talk or let down your guard down. What’s the point in staying in a relationship like that.

Have you ever confronted him about his behavior?
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think the lovely ladies are trying to say; we teach people how to treat us by what we allow and what we tolerate in their behaviors towards us.

I am sorry in this case it is your husband when it is one who is near and dear to us it can be very difficult to draw healthy boundaries. Please listen to your inner child.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am really sorry.

Have you sought professional help? I know it is difficult but trying to give him the silent treatment is probably not the best strategy to cope with this. Even “calling him out” in a tempt to embarrass him is not ideal, imo, for a spouse.

You need to ask to yourself why do you accept people & behavior in tour life that you know is harmful to your emotional well-being? Whose acceptance are you looking for? Examine your childhood. What do you want that is driving you to stay with him?
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When he tried to mock you, you should have called him out right then and there, in front of them all. Do it by either mocking him back, straight up asking " and why is it you are mocking me right now? Do you need to feel like a big guy in front if your friends?" Or say " oh no, we aren't going to act like a dick in front of our friends. They may treat their wives like shit but you will not treat me like shit."

I do not allow someone to mock or try and embarrass me. The few people that have tried learned, very fast, why others dont do that and they ended up feeling like shit over it. Dont be a weak bitch.
Locked Previous topicNext topic