I will be pissed if they stop online classes

iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Yup. I will be pissed if our district stops online classes. I as a parent have the right to allow my child an education even if it means online until the end of the school year.

I will not be ok to just close schooling for the rest of this year. Oh hell no.

Send my kid her work.
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Why would they stop online classes?
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:17 pm Why would they stop online classes?
Some schools stopped because parents were bitching. The whole thing that not all have the same opportunity and access therefore if all cannot access they just shut it down.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iluv2meow wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:20 pm
Catdaughter20 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:17 pm Why would they stop online classes?
Some schools stopped because parents were bitching. The whole thing that not all have the same opportunity and access therefore if all cannot access they just shut it down.
Here they loaned whoever needed it a laptop and will provide internet through Comcast I believe. Just switch to online K-12.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

First world problems.

Seriously. Do you have a problem with two months off during summer? Would it kill you (or your kids) for the school to come up with a solution in one month or two?

Homeschool if you are so stressed and need your child to be ahead of her/his peers.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:23 pm
Here they loaned whoever needed it a laptop and will provide internet through Comcast I believe. Just switch to online K-12.
Not switching. The school can just keep going.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:23 pm First world problems.

Seriously. Do you have a problem with two months off during summer? Would it kill you (or your kids) for the school to come up with a solution in one month or two?

Homeschool if you are so stressed and need your child to be ahead of her/his peers.
The school is currently teaching remotely but people are bitching and whining. I am praying those whiny snatches dont ruin it for those of us being cooperative.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:23 pm First world problems.

I don't really think it's a question of the parent needing the child to be ahead of their peers. It's just not an ideal situation to be off school for five months; studies prove that even the summer break is harmful to students' learning. I am all for a break from school but not for five months. If the school doesn't provide mandatory work, then my kids will not be motivated to do anything on their own so I am also in favor of schools providing online curriculum...
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iluv2meow wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 pm

Okay but what if they close? It's not like you're the only parent here. If that happened here I'd look into ds finishing the year with K-12. But that's me.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:28 pm
iluv2meow wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 pm

Okay but what if they close? It's not like you're the only parent here. If that happened here I'd look into ds finishing the year with K-12. But that's me.
You mean stop remote teaching?
Locked Previous topicNext topic