Those staying home but have spouses still working outside the home

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:37 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:32 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:21 pm

Our kids are teens. DH and I are in our early 50s. I'm seeing horrific treatment - long term for Covid-19 patients in their 40s and 50s. I just can't imagine leaving our teen kids while we go on medical treatment or die unless they have to. DH is still working and he is trying his best to protect me which includes staying in the guest room. I'm still working, but online, and I'm doing my best at keeping our house "clean". I think everyone should do their best. It's just frustrating to see people not even trying!
It's not my problem you're sexually pent up. That was your choice
lol. I hope that works out for your family.
You forgot your anon.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:39 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:21 pm

Our kids are teens. DH and I are in our early 50s. I'm seeing horrific treatment - long term for Covid-19 patients in their 40s and 50s. I just can't imagine leaving our teen kids while we go on medical treatment or die unless they have to. DH is still working and he is trying his best to protect me which includes staying in the guest room. I'm still working, but online, and I'm doing my best at keeping our house "clean". I think everyone should do their best. It's just frustrating to see people not even trying!
So he will stay in the guest room for months? I just can't imagine doing that. Do you guys also not eat dinner at the table together or go for walks or sit in the car in the front seats when you go to the grocery store? I think responsible people are trying their best but if the man is still living in your home he can bring it in whether you are sleeping together or not. He is out in the world and then comes into your protected home. I'm not knocking what you are doing at all I just can't see living separately for months or however long. This whole thing is a nightmare.
I don't know. We have had the first case in our area so this is new for us. DH has been working 12 hour days so we don't see each other much and he eats at work, not at home. We're just taking this one day at a time and trying our best to protect our kids. Yup, he's staying in the guest room for now. It's not a hardship. What would you suggest? What protections would make you feel comfortable?
I don’t have any fool proof suggestions. I wish I did. The only protections we are taking are younger kids do not leave the house, I only go out once a week for groceries, and cleaning and hand washing. DS 19 is home from college and goes out fishing here and there. As far as DH he is at work all day and then comes home, stays in and lives normally. We are also just taking it one day at a time. I don’t know what else to do.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:02 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:39 pm

So he will stay in the guest room for months? I just can't imagine doing that. Do you guys also not eat dinner at the table together or go for walks or sit in the car in the front seats when you go to the grocery store? I think responsible people are trying their best but if the man is still living in your home he can bring it in whether you are sleeping together or not. He is out in the world and then comes into your protected home. I'm not knocking what you are doing at all I just can't see living separately for months or however long. This whole thing is a nightmare.
I don't know. We have had the first case in our area so this is new for us. DH has been working 12 hour days so we don't see each other much and he eats at work, not at home. We're just taking this one day at a time and trying our best to protect our kids. Yup, he's staying in the guest room for now. It's not a hardship. What would you suggest? What protections would make you feel comfortable?
I don’t have any fool proof suggestions. I wish I did. The only protections we are taking are kids do not leave the house, I only go out once a week for groceries, and cleaning and hand washing. As far as DH he is at work all day and then comes home, stays in and lives normally. We are also just taking it one day at a time. I don’t know what else to do.
Apparently you need to create a vacuum sealed bubble to live in so you keep your husband's germs away from you. No S*x, no kissing, no eye contact.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

No. We arent. First of all my anxiety is far to high for any of that.

Hes super understanding tho.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I just wish my spouse was still here.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I put him in a plastic bag.
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And for those saying that “meh, if he gets it, we’ll all get it too”, my best friend is now at the hospital with Covid-19. Her husband tested negative. Her older son also tested positive but his wife didn’t. It’s not a guarantee that just because someone has it; their partner will. Obviously, the more contact, the greater the risk.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:06 pm I am shocked how many people are cool with being infected. In our house we feel that one parent needs to be as protected as we have under age children. There is no way that we can risk both of us being hospitalized. Are we seriously the only family that is thinking about this? People who are required to work and their families, what kind of provisions, if any, are you guys making?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic