Supporting Local Businesses

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:36 pm So today is my birthday, and all this sheltering in place stuff is making me feel helpless, grateful, and guilty all at the same time. I decided I should do something, so I got each of my children’s classmates a $10 gift card to our local bookstore and a $10 gift card to our local gelato place. Hopefully the kids will be excited to get mail, and I am supporting local businesses that are struggling at the same time!

Happy birthday! 🎊🎊🎊 I'm tomorrow!

That was such a generous, kind gesture. What a great way to celebrate! 🍾
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:30 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:36 pm So today is my birthday, and all this sheltering in place stuff is making me feel helpless, grateful, and guilty all at the same time. I decided I should do something, so I got each of my children’s classmates a $10 gift card to our local bookstore and a $10 gift card to our local gelato place. Hopefully the kids will be excited to get mail, and I am supporting local businesses that are struggling at the same time!

Happy Birthday!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That's a great idea! And I already have a supply of them.

Yesterday, after posting my earlier comment, I went through my art supplies. It dawned on me that I have spools of cord elastic from a project from years ago! So, though my new masks won't have the flat elastic in them, they are just as good!

Gotta get creative. I'm kicking myself now for having donated all the fabric and art supplies that I donated in December! Now, all that material (and elastic!) is sitting idle at the Goodwill Store. (Or...maybe...someone bought it and is making more masks as we speak. :) Keeping an optimistic/positive attitude. )
Anonymous 3 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:17 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:43 pm I made 9 masks today and will donate them when I've completed 20. :) Ran out of material and elastic. Hoping to round out more by first week of April.
Me too because I'm so bored. The only stores that are open are grocery stores, drug stores, farmers markets and family dollar. I ran out of elastic but if you have a family dollar near you, you can buy a 10 pack of headwraps for 1.00 to use in place of the elastic
Anonymous 2

Unread post

PS: Happy Birthday, OP!!! 🎈 πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‚
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Happy birthday!!
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I love it!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:23 am

Happy birthday!!
Thank you #4! :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hey, Valentina! I hope you had a great birthday!

Valentina327 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:48 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:23 am

Happy birthday!!
Thank you #4! :)
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: ↑Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:29 pm Image