Daily routine

Anonymous 6

Unread post

No schedule here. My kids (both middle school aged) have been staying up pretty late and sleeping in. We eat dinner together as a family, but they eat their other meals when they want to. No home schooling so far. This is supposed to be spring break anyway.

I'll be looking into online school next week, either whatever the school district sets up, or another program. But the flexibility of not having to stick to a schedule is really appealing right now.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No schedule for the kids
I still wake up every day between 6:00 & 6:30
The kids sleep until noon
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:29 pm I have a 3mo old and a fifth and 6th grader. The day for me, is decided by the baby. For instance, I didn't get to sleep until 6 this morning because Miss Fussy pants wouldn't go down for the night until she finally pooped around 5am. She was cranky all day before, so I'm sleep deprived and cranky myself. Right now, one kid is doing her homework and another is playing Zelda, baby is napping and I'm on here while pumping. Who knows how the rest of the day will go. Might get takeout tonight.
I hope the baby had a better night. I love infants -- like my favorite age -- but I do not miss the sleep deprivation, the work all day, then more sleep deprivation -- repeat over & over, that accompanies that phase.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Nope, no schedule. Kid is on vampire hours so she stays up late. Last night she was up until 2 or 3 working on a paper. I was having a bad night feeling wired/tired and in pain and wasn't able to go to sleep until around 4:30 or 5 am.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We basically are a weekend schedule but with a bit more structure added. We are not allowed the kids to sleep in too late, but some yes. The structure we have added in is with allowed family outings; so walks and bike rides while keeping within the ideas of social distancing. We are having family games more than once per week for sure. While our oldest is old enough to self regulate her time, she still needs some limits put on screen time, even though we removed the former screen time limits seen during the school week. For our preteen, keeping her alive is a challenge (LOL). Thankfully she likes to read.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wonder how so many people do not need schedules after reviewing this post. I don't see how if you are trying to work full-time & have children that need educational instructions in younger grades can survive without one.

I guess it's because many have older kids and while others are not employed.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:13 am I wonder how so many people do not need schedules after reviewing this post. I don't see how if you are trying to work full-time & have children that need educational instructions in younger grades can survive without one.

This is my 6th year homeschooling. My life has not changed much except for driving kids all over creation. My 14 year old is already up and doing her work. The youngest (11) will get up in about 30 minutes and start her day. They eat when they want to eat for meals ( exception of dinner), Dh works from home and will get up at 9 to be in his office until 6. With the exception of helping with school here and there, I will probably read for most of the day. I mean, it's not like I'm going anywhere. Karate is now on zoom and is 30 minutes rather than hours long these days. All I do is log in for the kids and walk out of the room while they take class. I basically have no life these days. Having older kids is much easier as there really is no need for a schedule since they can self regulate/motivate ( most of the time). I don't need to hover and plan out my whole day to entertain a teen and an almost teen. I do NOT miss those days at all. LOL
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:13 am I wonder how so many people do not need schedules after reviewing this post. I don't see how if you are trying to work full-time & have children that need educational instructions in younger grades can survive without one.

Schedules and lists are my survival tools. I am a very organized person, but I probably have too many lists.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Last week was supposed to be spring break, so we didn’t do much. I did make out a schedule for us or I’d be bombarded with requests for (fill in blank). My kids get up naturally around 8 give or take. So 8-8:30 we eat/get dressed/ brush teeth/maybe watch a cartoon. We have a mini farm and they are responsible feeding and watering the cats (barn cats) and dogs (livestock guardians). They are then allowed (encouraged) to play outside until about 10. 10 is snack time. 10:30 is when they start “school work”. We only have one computer, so one has 45 minutes on the computer doing google classroom/iReady while the other does worksheets.They swap for another 45 minutes and then it’s lunch time. After lunch, go outside and play for 30 minutes. Then we have reading/nap time for about an hour. I have a 3 year old who needs the down time. Then the older two go back to school work. Same as before 45 minutes of computer and 45 minutes of worksheets. Then it’s back time, which around 4 or so. They watch tv while they snack. Then they go do what they want until supper/dinner which is usually at 6. They also usually help DH feed the livestock at some point. He’s a teacher, so he is home as well. Bedtime if 8:30.

***I have 3 kids. 10DS, 7DD, and 3DS.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:27 am

Schedules and lists are my survival tools. I am a very organized person, but I probably have too many lists.
I have schedules & lists and am still barely surviving, LOL!
Locked Previous topicNext topic