Daily routine

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm Not like that. I do not limit my kids to a crazy schedule. My 14 year old wakes up at 7 am and starts her schoolwork. She has always done this. She is currently studying for her last exam tomorrow. My yougest was up at 8 and started her work. She is currently playing Minecraft on the desktop. They eat breakfast and lunch when they wish to do so. I don't force them to eat at any meal except for dinner. Dh works from home so he rolls out of bed at 9 am to be in his office at 9 am. He works until 6. Me? I get up between 5-6:30 have my coffee while I read my Bible and then I play here, play solitaire, read, etc until I need to work with the 7th grader on schoolwork..if she even needs me for anything. After I finish my lunch I am going to go sit outside and read. Typically, we have karate from 4-8 pm most days, but.. right now they are doing zoom meetings on M-W-F for 30 minutes since zoom only allows 40 tops. Mine are older than yours though so I'm more lenient and don't have to be strict. I also only have 2..not 5.
Meh, it's what works best for us. The only things really scheduled are school, meal times, and outdoor times. They have lots of free time blocked off. We schedule the outdoor times to make sure to be mindful that we get out everyday. My husband has a history of depression and doesn't do well sitting stagnant, so that outdoor time to get out as a family and have a change in scenery, even if we can't see other people, is important for us. Meal times are social times for us, when we are in the house we eat together.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope. No routine.

We're just enjoying our time together.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I could not live my life that rigidly, it would drive me insane.

We know what we need to do and we do it as we please, or we don’t. Nothing is set in stone.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You have to do what works for you...just like the rest of us. We've been doing this for 6 years. Dh has worked from home for 16, I've been a SAHM for 13 and a homeschooler for 6. We have a routine, but not a schedule. I've let go of so much over the years. The older I get, the less scheduled I am as Ive learned that in *my* life routines work for us with flexibility. I'm just not interested in making the girls adhere to my schedule...especially since I have a teenager. I'm not going to regiment her life. I used to, but the older the girls get the more I loosen the reins.
As long as they do their work every single day, I'm not going to worry about what else they are doing. ;)

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:11 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm Not like that. I do not limit my kids to a crazy schedule. My 14 year old wakes up at 7 am and starts her schoolwork. She has always done this. She is currently studying for her last exam tomorrow. My yougest was up at 8 and started her work. She is currently playing Minecraft on the desktop. They eat breakfast and lunch when they wish to do so. I don't force them to eat at any meal except for dinner. Dh works from home so he rolls out of bed at 9 am to be in his office at 9 am. He works until 6. Me? I get up between 5-6:30 have my coffee while I read my Bible and then I play here, play solitaire, read, etc until I need to work with the 7th grader on schoolwork..if she even needs me for anything. After I finish my lunch I am going to go sit outside and read. Typically, we have karate from 4-8 pm most days, but.. right now they are doing zoom meetings on M-W-F for 30 minutes since zoom only allows 40 tops. Mine are older than yours though so I'm more lenient and don't have to be strict. I also only have 2..not 5.
Meh, it's what works best for us. The only things really scheduled are school, meal times, and outdoor times. They have lots of free time blocked off. We schedule the outdoor times to make sure to be mindful that we get out everyday. My husband has a history of depression and doesn't do well sitting stagnant, so that outdoor time to get out as a family and have a change in scenery, even if we can't see other people, is important for us. Meal times are social times for us, when we are in the house we eat together.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I could never be useless enough to just stay at home all day during a time like this.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:14 pm I could never be useless enough to just stay at home all day during a time like this.
why you little trollster, you! :lol:
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Good job with your schedule lena, you win at being the best quarantine parent. Your award is in the mail.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We’re taking it day by day. I’m still working. MIL is watching the kids. They do a few worksheets during the day. When I get home we all go for a walk. There’s a small lake right around the corner we like to go to. That’s about as far as our structure goes.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

my routine is kinda boring. I"m' up at 7 and make dh breakfast and his lunch as well as my coffee. Then i clean the house which takes all of 20 minutes. Then i log my dd into her attendance for the day. She doesn't have actual classes just weekly assignments so i do the attendance for her. I play a couple of games on FB while drinking more coffee. watch some TV. play a few trivia games with my dd. Sometimes I sit in on my sons classes just for fun. then i make dinner and then watch some more tv lol
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:14 pm I could never be useless enough to just stay at home all day during a time like this.
Toooooooo slowwwwwwwwww, lol
You just missed it by 1

7 am kids get up and eat breakfast
8 am they log on their chromebooks and do the school work until they are finished
12 noon eat lunch
1pm if they have.more schoolwork, they finish
After that the day and activities are up to them with only 1 hour of screen time per day.

We arent stupid strict about their schedules because of whats going on
Locked Previous topicNext topic