snap benefits and the coronavirus

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I just check my online app and it seems I had benefits added to my card on the 25. my drop date is the 7th. I am trying to figure out if they were given early or is the extra. because it is $50 less than what I normally get. because of people stocking up. I went though mine quick this mouth because I wasn't able to find stuff I usually got and the store I usually shopped at was running out. I've actually spent a lot of my cash this month as well for the same reason. about $500 in cash compared to $200 in cash I'd what used to spend. I've had to buy name brand instead of generic. I've had to shop at Walmart instead of save a lot and I've had to make a few trip weekly to the store especially now with the limits they have
anyone know.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No snap benefits were given early... Call you case worker and ask what's up.
Sassyfrass01
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I haven’t gotten any extra and yeah, I’ve actually spent a lot more cash on groceries because of having to buy the more expensive brand of items due to the cheaper stuff I usually buy was out of stock.
Also, I tried to get a refil on one of my meds and can’t until this virus is over, who knows when that will be.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

They are giving the max amount for your household size. That means you get more than usual if you weren't receiving the max before. At least thats how it is in my state.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Weird. I'll have to see if this happened to my mom as well.
i want candy!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

When I used to get them the only time I ever got them early is when they did a review of my case. At that time they'd load them whenever my review was finished.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I imagine you could probably find this information on your local government website?

I don't receive any benefits but I too have spent a lot more on groceries over the past few weeks. Can't find the less expensive items in stock and now 90% of special "sale" pricing seems to have stopped.

It would make sense to increase benefits for those who struggle to afford food even under normal circumstances. Perhaps they have.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Some states passed relief packages. I would Google your state's response to COVID-19 and see if extra SNAP was part of it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Nopeville wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:31 pm Some states passed relief packages. I would Google your state's response to COVID-19 and see if extra SNAP was part of it.
I tired and couldn't find any information on it
Anonymous 6

Unread post

OP - what state do you live in?
Locked Previous topicNext topic