Bad review.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:54 am Hell no. No wife, 3 kids, old parents, no sleep... cry me a river.
I doubt anything that “Chris” said was true. I don’t believe the wife leaving, the kids he takes care of himself etc
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:56 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:16 am
Smarties wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:49 pm English is not "Chris'" first language. Dude's name isn't even Chris, I'm sure. What a sack of lies.

I would consider amending my review only if he took steps to correct the problem (i.e. provide you a new pair of goggles that didn't immediately break). And then I would write that my review was amended because the seller took steps to fix the issue.
English not being his first language does not mean he's a liar or that his name isn't Chris.

Oh for goodness sake Oli. In this situation, that's exactly what it means. The guy is a fraud. He should be reported.
I just dont see why you would bring up his language and why you doubt his name is Chris. If you think it's fake, whatever, I'm not saying you're wrong and it couldn't be possible.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:00 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:16 am

English not being his first language does not mean he's a liar or that his name isn't Chris.

Oh for goodness sake Oli. In this situation, that's exactly what it means. The guy is a fraud. He should be reported.
I just dont see why you would bring up his language and why you doubt his name is Chris. If you think it's fake, whatever, I'm not saying you're wrong and it couldn't be possible.

Because its yet another sign he's fraudulent. Just like "John" with a foreign accent calling from the "IRS" saying you owe them money isn't really "John." Its part of the attempt to dupe somebody. Come on Oli. Don't be naive.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:08 pm

Because its yet another sign he's fraudulent. Just like "John" with a foreign accent calling from the "IRS" saying you owe them money isn't really "John." Its part of the attempt to dupe somebody. Come on Oli. Don't be naive.
It isn't another sign that he's fraudulent because that could very well be his name, fraud or not. You don't know his name and if he is lying about it. Chris is a popular name in many countries, in many of which English is not the prominent language.
Im not being naive, I have just been there which is why it's important to me to say something. My cousin is an English language learner named Hannah who works for a health insurance company. She would be a very wealthy person if she had a dollar every time time someone said "no, like what's your reeeeal name." Still Hannah. And even if his birth name isn't Chris, many English language learners will adopt a familiar American name solely because it's easier for Americans to remember and to avoid discrimination, not to try to "dupe" you.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:35 pm

It isn't another sign that he's fraudulent because that could very well be his name, fraud or not. You don't know his name and if he is lying about it. Chris is a popular name in many countries, in many of which English is not the prominent language.
Im not being naive, I have just been there which is why it's important to me to say something. My cousin is an English language learner named Hannah who works for a health insurance company. She would be a very wealthy person if she had a dollar every time time someone said "no, like what's your reeeeal name." Still Hannah. And even if his birth name isn't Chris, many English language learners will adopt a familiar American name solely because it's easier for Americans to remember and to avoid discrimination, not to try to "dupe" you.

I should have expected this type of reply from you.

The guy's name still isn't Chris, and he's still a fraud. I'd bet everything that's left in my 401k on it.

You don't have to believe it. Everyone else in this thread already figured it out. You also don't have to keep trying to be the forum's multicultural expert. There's a girl from China in my bookclub named Kayla. Still doesn't mean this guy's name is Chris. He's trying to scam people. That's the difference.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

After you posted your review on 6/19/19, what sort of resolution did this seller offer you? Did you get a refund? Did he send you another pair?

ETA: And if you're just a "tester," disregard the first question.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I wont remove it.id also report him and edit my review to let people know what he said.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Very few lairs give their real name. His name is not Chris. Not because of his language barrier but because his email has a different "English" sounding names. No need to get defensive or informative about it.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Very few lairs give their real name. His name is not Chris. Not because of his language barrier but because his email has a different "English" sounding names. No need to get defensive or informative about it.
There still shouldnt be an assumption made because of his name and language. She didn't have his other emails to see other names when she made that post. I wasn't defensive, but it's a common assumption and I will say something if I see it.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Amazon sellers are allowed to resolve issues such as refund shipping for shipping complaints, replace products, refund, etc. they can even request for bad reviews to be removed. It is however against the companies policy, unless this has very recently changed, to offer compensation for positive reviews or to remove bad reviews is a no no. I’d report the seller.
Locked Previous topicNext topic