We had a sleep over last night

Anonymous 1

Unread post

2 kids from the daycare my kids go to slept over last night. Their mom got called in for a late shift and she asked if I could take them for the night. I said if course.

I sent her a picture of the kids watching a movie and eating snacks and she posted it on Facebook. People are freaking out on us.

I honestly don't see the big deal. My kids are with these kids 3-5 days a week at daycare. They are already exposed to each other. It isn't like we can completely avoid that. It also isn't like we had a huge slumber party with tons of kids.

They needed somewhere to stay and I wasn't going to lock them up and make it so they couldn't even have fun together.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This virus isn't going to get any better if people keep ignoring the rules. They're going to have to end up legally enforcing quarantine.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

At this point I would not put anything about kids visiting or any photos of socializing online. You don't know how bad this could get and you are opening yourself up for anger.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:46 am This virus isn't going to get any better if people keep ignoring the rules. They're going to have to end up legally enforcing quarantine.
I did not post the picture. Even if there was a quarantine legally enforced she would still need someone to watch her kids. I'd love to know how being around these kids at night is any worse than during the day.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:47 am At this point I would not put anything about kids visiting or any photos of socializing online. You don't know how bad this could get and you are opening yourself up for anger.
I wouldn't have put it on social media either but she did. She has taken it down and she apologized. She didn't think people would get so mad.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Gotta do what you gotta do.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:48 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:46 am This virus isn't going to get any better if people keep ignoring the rules. They're going to have to end up legally enforcing quarantine.
I did not post the picture. Even if there was a quarantine legally enforced she would still need someone to watch her kids. I'd love to know how being around these kids at night is any worse than during the day.
She wouldn't need anyone to watch her kids because she wouldn't be going to work, unless you're saying she's a nurse or other necessary worker, which makes the sleepover an even worse idea. It isn't any safer during the day, which is why many daycares are shutting down. Honestly, they need to shut down all of the daycares and come up with a way to assist those affected.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:49 am
MonarchMom wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:47 am At this point I would not put anything about kids visiting or any photos of socializing online. You don't know how bad this could get and you are opening yourself up for anger.
I wouldn't have put it on social media either but she did. She has taken it down and she apologized. She didn't think people would get so mad.
People who see this on FB do not know your backstory or reasons you did this. They just see the photo and are alarmed. Many of us have friends or neighbors in hospital or worse. We are not able to see elder parents, or grandchildren, or be with loved ones. So feelings are running high.
Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We’ve done the same. One of my kids friends stayed here for 2 days and then they went to her house for 2 days.
Living my perfect life 💕
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:51 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:48 am
She wouldn't need anyone to watch her kids because she wouldn't be going to work, unless you're saying she's a nurse or other necessary worker, which makes the sleepover an even worse idea. It isn't any safer during the day, which is why many daycares are shutting down. Honestly, they need to shut down all of the daycares and come up with a way to assist those affected.
She works in health care. Her job is essential. So is mine which is why our kids even go to daycare. If they shut down daycares then we would have no one to watch out kids. What would you suggest we do?
Locked Previous topicNext topic