I feel a bit like a jerk

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My local grocery delivery service has been booked solid for weeks. I was finally able to get a slot and I ordered quite a bit of food and sundries. I don't like taking that space away from others, but we haven't been able to get much of anything in our nearby stores.

I didn't over-buy, just enough to get us through about a week, plus food for Easter. I still feel a bit guilty. I was happy to see toilet paper in stock!

Tell me I'm not a jerk and ease my conscience!
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You're not a jerk. You're a person caring for yourself and your family.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why would you feel like a jerk?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:27 am My local grocery delivery service has been booked solid for weeks. I was finally able to get a slot and I ordered quite a bit of food and sundries. I don't like taking that space away from others, but we haven't been able to get much of anything in our nearby stores.

I didn't over-buy, just enough to get us through about a week, plus food for Easter. I still feel a bit guilty. I was happy to see toilet paper in stock!

You are not a jerk. You are protecting your family and getting what you need.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Just for taking up valuable delivery space. My family is low-risk and we're perfectly able to go out shopping. Unfortunately we can't find much when we try.
leadfoot40 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:32 am Why would you feel like a jerk?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thank you!
AllofFive19 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:30 am You're not a jerk. You're a person caring for yourself and your family.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thank you!
highlandmum wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:33 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:27 am My local grocery delivery service has been booked solid for weeks. I was finally able to get a slot and I ordered quite a bit of food and sundries. I don't like taking that space away from others, but we haven't been able to get much of anything in our nearby stores.

You are not a jerk. You are protecting your family and getting what you need.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm sure workers would rather be making deliveries than working with customers directly face to face.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Showing empathy and compassion for the world around you and the self-checking of one's character is typically not characteristics I associate with being a jerk. Very glad you got some resources to hold you over.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can understand feeling guilty. But you aren't a jerk. You needed the supplies, and you found them and got them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic