Thoughts?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I feel like this is a good place to put this because I am dumb founded right now! Both my husband and I work in essential businesses I in healthcare my husband is a branch of construction. He came home and told me the building they are working on, a building already in place of a very well known gym in Fort Collins. The owner of this gym did not like the fact that the workers who are risking their health and safety to redo one of many gyms he owns, were using his hand sanitizer set up throughout the building. So he came in and had them all removed...now are we talking about 50+ people, no like 10 off and on. He also made sure that they were all gone when he came to walk the property because “I don’t want to be around them”. Soooo that makes me wanna blast him on Facebook because as someone who works in healthcare people like that make me sick!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I get both sides honesty. They did not ask him before they used it- it belongs to his establishment. He pays for it, so he made the decision to get rid of it to save *his* supply that he is paying for. I also see the other side that the workers were using it to limit the germs.
There is no need for you to blast him on FB. He is doing what *he* feels is right for himself and his establishment. Also, if this is a certain company working there, he will know it was someone linked to that company which could come back to bite your husband's company or your husband in the behind.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I see both sides. They should talk to the guy and see if they can purchase a couple of the containers from him. That way they would have a couple to use while the owner of the gym retains the remaining ones.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't blast him. I can't find hand sanitizer to save my life. We don't have this problem but a doctor friend of mine had to remove santizer and gloves from patient rooms. People are stealing it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm a little sleepy sleepy this morning. Did you just say that the owner of a gym removed all the hand sanitizer from a gym that is currently open to the public so that non-patrons couldn't use it?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:28 am I feel like this is a good place to put this because I am dumb founded right now! Both my husband and I work in essential businesses I in healthcare my husband is a branch of construction. He came home and told me the building they are working on, a building already in place of a very well known gym in Fort Collins. The owner of this gym did not like the fact that the workers who are risking their health and safety to redo one of many gyms he owns, were using his hand sanitizer set up throughout the building. So he came in and had them all removed...now are we talking about 50+ people, no like 10 off and on. He also made sure that they were all gone when he came to walk the property because “I don’t want to be around them”. Soooo that makes me wanna blast him on Facebook because as someone who works in healthcare people like that make me sick!
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hand sanitizer is essential to the overall running of his business, and it will be very important to him & his patrons when his doors open back up.

If it were a grocery store would you expect the owner to be okay with them helping themselves to whatever they wanted simply because it was in stock?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They took without asking - that's not cool, especially now when everything is in limited supply. You're acting like your husband's business was doing this guy a favor. Guess what? They're not. They're paid to do a job - not steal. He was right to kick them out.
People like you - excusing this behavior and wanting to blast the WRONG person - makes me sick.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He wants them to provide their own. He probably has a limited amount and needs it for his own purposes.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Gym owner removed it so the construction workers that are working on his building cannot use it as they were using it. ( at least that is how I read it)
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:48 am I'm a little sleepy sleepy this morning. Did you just say that the owner of a gym removed all the hand sanitizer from a gym that is currently open to the public so that non-patrons couldn't use it?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:28 am I feel like this is a good place to put this because I am dumb founded right now! Both my husband and I work in essential businesses I in healthcare my husband is a branch of construction. He came home and told me the building they are working on, a building already in place of a very well known gym in Fort Collins. The owner of this gym did not like the fact that the workers who are risking their health and safety to redo one of many gyms he owns, were using his hand sanitizer set up throughout the building. So he came in and had them all removed...now are we talking about 50+ people, no like 10 off and on. He also made sure that they were all gone when he came to walk the property because “I don’t want to be around them”. Soooo that makes me wanna blast him on Facebook because as someone who works in healthcare people like that make me sick!
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:33 am I get both sides honesty. They did not ask him before they used it- it belongs to his establishment. He pays for it, so he made the decision to get rid of it to save *his* supply that he is paying for. I also see the other side that the workers were using it to limit the germs.
There is no need for you to blast him on FB. He is doing what *he* feels is right for himself and his establishment. Also, if this is a certain company working there, he will know it was someone linked to that company which could come back to bite your husband's company or your husband in the behind.
This right here. The red part is something to keep in mind. There were many times I had to bite my tongue regarding things at hubby's job. Since I didn't want him being bitten in the ass. I've watched it first hand how a spouse couldn't keep quiet over certain actions, and said stuff on FB. It got around very quickly, and the spouse was banned from the building.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic