I will be pissed if they stop online classes

Anonymous 5

Unread post

iluv2meow wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:50 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:45 pm
iluv2meow wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:31 pm

You mean stop remote teaching?
I believe that was your fear that they'd stop remote learning yes. So if it happens there's always online K-12.
Nada. If the school stops her education they will find a way to make it right.

Schools are doing the best they can for millions of children. Continued distance learning isn't feasible for all districts. It's your responsibility as the parent to find an alternative if you're upset about a district ending the year early. The district can't be expected to cater to you.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Pathetic and entitled. Get over yourself.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

We just found out today that schools are closed for the rest of the school year, they are doing online Google classroom stuff until the end of the year. DD10 has learning disabilities and is behind as is. She is not getting services for her IEP. She is having melt downs because of this situation. We just muddle through best we can. I will make sure she is held back in 5th grade next year. This is nobodies fault and schools are doing the best they can.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:53 pm We just found out today that schools are closed for the rest of the school year, they are doing online Google classroom stuff until the end of the year. DD10 has learning disabilities and is behind as is. She is not getting services for her IEP. She is having melt downs because of this situation. We just muddle through best we can. I will make sure she is held back in 5th grade next year. This is nobodies fault and schools are doing the best they can.
Strange question but is your name Kerry?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:39 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:53 pm We just found out today that schools are closed for the rest of the school year, they are doing online Google classroom stuff until the end of the year. DD10 has learning disabilities and is behind as is. She is not getting services for her IEP. She is having melt downs because of this situation. We just muddle through best we can. I will make sure she is held back in 5th grade next year. This is nobodies fault and schools are doing the best they can.
No it's not, why?
Jessi19
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:02 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:39 pm
No it's not, why?
I have a friend in the same situation with a child same age and grade so was just curious. Sorry you’re having a difficult time through this. I can’t imagine the added stress!
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:10 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:45 pm

I believe that was your fear that they'd stop remote learning yes. So if it happens there's always online K-12.

Schools are doing the best they can for millions of children. Continued distance learning isn't feasible for all districts. It's your responsibility as the parent to find an alternative if you're upset about a district ending the year early. The district can't be expected to cater to you.
Not offering it because it doesnt cater to everyone is not feasible.
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iluv2meow wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:13 pm

It might be if your district can't afford for everyone to get access. Then it becomes denying a child right to a free education. Ours loaned out laptops to those that needed them and Comcast has low cost internet. Yds starts on Monday. But it is likely this isn't feasible for every school district. It might only be feasible for us because we approved a property tax hike before the outbreak. I'm not sure how our budget will shake out in the end.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:42 pm

It might be if your district can't afford for everyone to get access. Then it becomes denying a child right to a free education. Ours loaned out laptops to those that needed them and Comcast has low cost internet. Yds starts on Monday. But it is likely this isn't feasible for every school district. It might only be feasible for us because we approved a property tax hike before the outbreak. I'm not sure how our budget will shake out in the end.
If you think every child gets equal access to school before this you are living under a rock. Taking education away from everyone is just plain stupid.
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iluv2meow wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:42 pm

If you think every child gets equal access to school before this you are living under a rock. Taking education away from everyone is just plain stupid.
I don't disagree but the district does have to consider the parents who can't access online learning. Hopefully yours will do what ours has- loaned out laptops and set up a route for low cost internet. If mine hadn't done this I would have seen if ds could have finished by online K-12. I'll be glad when his school starts. This doing nothing is no good for him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic