I will be pissed if they stop online classes

User avatar
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Unread post

Pjmm wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:28 pm
iluv2meow wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 pm
Pjmm wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:23 pm


Here they loaned whoever needed it a laptop and will provide internet through Comcast I believe. Just switch to online K-12.
Not switching. The school can just keep going.
Okay but what if they close? It's not like you're the only parent here. If that happened here I'd look into ds finishing the year with K-12. But that's me.
You mean stop remote teaching?
Trollcat, ResidentCat, iluv2meow
Anonymous 3

Unread post

iluv2meow wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:15 pm
Yup. I will be pissed if our district stops online classes. I as a parent have the right to allow my child an education even if it means online until the end of the school year.

I will not be ok to just close schooling for the rest of this year. Oh hell no.

Send my kid her work.
They aren't going to do that here. I have a signed contract by the school principal that states they will provide the online classes until the end of this school year if necessary.
I bought my kids chromebooks instead of using the schools chromebooks. I had to take them to the school so they could set up our chromebooks and sign papers stating I was providing them for my kids. They had the parents that were picking up chromebooks to sign a contract stating the school would have then online classes but the parents were responsible for any damage done to the chromebooks and the parents were responsible for making sure the kids logged on each day at 8am.
I always insist on a photocopy of every set of papers I sign for my records
User avatar
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:33 pm
iluv2meow wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:15 pm
Yup. I will be pissed if our district stops online classes. I as a parent have the right to allow my child an education even if it means online until the end of the school year.

I will not be ok to just close schooling for the rest of this year. Oh hell no.

Send my kid her work.
They aren't going to do that here. I have a signed contract by the school principal that states they will provide the online classes until the end of this school year if necessary.
I bought my kids chromebooks instead of using the schools chromebooks. I had to take them to the school so they could set up our chromebooks and sign papers stating I was providing them for my kids. They had the parents that were picking up chromebooks to sign a contract stating the school would have then online classes but the parents were responsible for any damage done to the chromebooks and the parents were responsible for making sure the kids logged on each day at 8am.
I always insist on a photocopy of every set of papers I sign for my records
There is no way in hell our schools will all parents on campus for anything. If you need somerhing from the school you have to make an appointment and it has to be urgent. Our district has sent everyone home including teachers. No kne is allowed back in the schools
Trollcat, ResidentCat, iluv2meow
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess
Posts: 11210
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 6:31 am

Unread post

iluv2meow wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:31 pm
Pjmm wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:28 pm
iluv2meow wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 pm


Not switching. The school can just keep going.
Okay but what if they close? It's not like you're the only parent here. If that happened here I'd look into ds finishing the year with K-12. But that's me.
You mean stop remote teaching?
I believe that was your fear that they'd stop remote learning yes. So if it happens there's always online K-12.
User avatar
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Unread post

Pjmm wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:45 pm
iluv2meow wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:31 pm
Pjmm wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:28 pm


Okay but what if they close? It's not like you're the only parent here. If that happened here I'd look into ds finishing the year with K-12. But that's me.
You mean stop remote teaching?
I believe that was your fear that they'd stop remote learning yes. So if it happens there's always online K-12.
Nada. If the school stops her education they will find a way to make it right.
Trollcat, ResidentCat, iluv2meow
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Unread post

Then find your child a curriculum. At the end of the day your child’s education is your responsibility, if the school can’t do that then it is up to you to educate her.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 5198
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:40 pm

Unread post

My kids don’t have the option of online classes right now. The school district is not set up for it and they are worried about every child having the same access.
It is what it is
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
User avatar
mcginnisc
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3924
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 6:29 am

Unread post

OK? So, if the schools close down and you can find a curriculum. It's not that difficult to do. There are plenty of curriculums out there that will suffice for the last couple of months of school. There is no reason to waste your energy getting pissed, just be proactive.
Lotus
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2428
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Unread post

Under other circumstances I would say, I doubt that there will be an interruption in your online classes, but the reality is, life as we know it has been interrupted.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I'm sure you're right that if they stop the online teaching, they will find another way. The question then will be: Will the parents be happy with whatever route the school district takes? You can please some of the people some of the time. But you can never please all of the people all of the time. Honestly, if I were a parent who had school age kids during this coronavirus, I'd be looking into alternative ways to educate my child. The only other option is wait and see what your school district (or other schools) have to offer. How to best educate your child may very welcome become a very individualized decision. What works best for one may not work at all for another.
iluv2meow wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:50 pm
Pjmm wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:45 pm
iluv2meow wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:31 pm


You mean stop remote teaching?
I believe that was your fear that they'd stop remote learning yes. So if it happens there's always online K-12.
Nada. If the school stops her education they will find a way to make it right.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic