Hospitals aren't protecting patients or employees

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We are reusing the same mask for a week at a time. Its just a basic surgical mask. So if one person on a unit has Covid there is no way to limit the spread to other patients or employees.

Surgical masks are supposed to be one time use masks. You wear it in one room and then throw them away. Not anymore. I have seen people get blood, sputum, and even poop on their mask and they still don't get a new one.

I am ashamed at healthcare right now. I'm ashamed at the CDC. I'm ashamed with my hospitals administration.

I am having to make the choice of going into work knowing I'm spreading whatever around or risk losing my job and even possibly my license.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

That’s terrible that is going on in some hospitals. My sister works in a hospital (NY state NJ border) and says they have sufficient masks and gowns etc. Well for now anyway.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:40 pm That’s terrible that is going on in some hospitals. My sister works in a hospital (NY state NJ border) and says they have sufficient masks and gowns etc. Well for now anyway.
Do you know if they are reusing anything? Here for he first few days it was PPE as normal. Then the CDC changed their guidelines and that is when we started refusing masks. We don't even have to use gowns unless we are doing "direct patient care" so I always make sure I am doing direct patient care when I enter a room so I can justify using a gown. But our new gowns are very thin and I wonder if they are even effective.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Did you read the article about the nurse in a hospital in NY? They don't have the proper protective equipment either. And he came down with the virus and died within days. This Administration disgusts me. Instead of making sure all the hospitals have masks, gowns, sneeze shields, etc. He's keeping a tally of which governors piss him off the most by calling out his inadequacies as a leader and he's punishing those states by making sure they are last on the list or not on the list at all to get respirators, masks, etc. And his Cabinet is sitting on its watching him screw up, again and again, doing nothing when they could invoke the 25th Amendment. The Senate is doing nothing when they could impeach him. Meanwhile, we're at almost 120,000 infection rates and almost 2,000 dead. And the country is marching towards a recession and Trump is turning this into a giant grudge map.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Dh is working at a hospital today. It makes me nervous even though hes in the audiology department far from the er and quarantine areas.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Yes I just posted about this and i am not happy. My daughter works in radiology and one staff in her department tested positive today and others are having symptoms. They have to wear the same mask all week! So now she probably has it too and gave it to others. This is not good!
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:00 pm Dh is working at a hospital today. It makes me nervous even though hes in the audiology department far from the er and quarantine areas.
We think my daughter has it. She is in radiology
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My hospital has everything we need. I feel very safe
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is a terrible situation for so many health care workers. It is the same story being told by many nurses and doctors.

This week I've been sewing two dozen surgical style fabric masks to donate to a local medical center. They are designed with a pocket inside that will hold some type of filter paper that can be replaced as needed, and the masks can be washed between uses. The medical center recruited people in the area who sew to make these, and sent the specs.

Our health care workers deserve better protection.
Locked Previous topicNext topic