What is the point of your life?

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh, man... seriously deep question. We’ve all moments of doubt when we’ve asked ourselves that question: what are we here for?
Personally- and this is just me- I’ve found meaning and purpose in my religion (I’m an Orthodox Jew). It’s a religion that elevates every mundane act into something more meaningful and that has helped me feel like I have a purpose and a goal to my life.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that, putting religious beliefs aside, it’s important to acknowledge that the simple things you do have meaning and importance. Cooking food for your family (or even buying it and putting it on plates, lol) is more than giving them something to eat, it’s an act of love and kindness, it’s wanting to give them not only sustenance, but maybe a little space where you can all bond and be happy over some good food. Cleaning your home isn’t just a chore, it’s making a pleasant and comfortable space where you can relax, and enjoy a good time either by yourself or your loved ones.
Every little thing you do can have a deeper purpose if you yourself make it more meaningful than simple routine.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:43 pm I feel very much trapped in a pointless routine. Before corona virus, it was just go to work every day, come home, make dinner, help the kids with homework, go to sleep, repeat. Now it's pretty much the same, just teleworking instead. I feel like every day I just do the same thing over and over and I just don't really see a point to life. Not suicidal, I just can't understand what point there is to doing the same boring thing every day, just sitting at a desk in front of a computer for hours on end doing meaningless work, not enjoying life.

I feel like I can't find meaning in the everyday. I know every day can't be something fun or a vacation, but my life feels so monotone and pointless. What would you ladies say is the point of your life? How do you find joy in the everyday and not get totally emotionally burnt out by the same boring, meaningless routine every day?
Then you need to find something to do that adds meaning to your life. A hobby, volunteering, learning a new skill, etc.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:43 pm I feel very much trapped in a pointless routine. Before corona virus, it was just go to work every day, come home, make dinner, help the kids with homework, go to sleep, repeat. Now it's pretty much the same, just teleworking instead. I feel like every day I just do the same thing over and over and I just don't really see a point to life. Not suicidal, I just can't understand what point there is to doing the same boring thing every day, just sitting at a desk in front of a computer for hours on end doing meaningless work, not enjoying life.

I feel like I can't find meaning in the everyday. I know every day can't be something fun or a vacation, but my life feels so monotone and pointless. What would you ladies say is the point of your life? How do you find joy in the everyday and not get totally emotionally burnt out by the same boring, meaningless routine every day?
I've done a bunch of different things in my life... currently, I'm doing accounts payable for an organization that supports college students. The point of my life is to keep the bills paid so the organization runs smoothly, thus helping it accomplish its mission. Also, to care for the animals I am lucky enough to provide a home for, and those outside as well. We all make a difference in the world in some way; just because it's not splashy and fancy and doesn't make you famous doesn't mean it's pointless.
Locked Previous topicNext topic