What is the point of your life?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I feel very much trapped in a pointless routine. Before corona virus, it was just go to work every day, come home, make dinner, help the kids with homework, go to sleep, repeat. Now it's pretty much the same, just teleworking instead. I feel like every day I just do the same thing over and over and I just don't really see a point to life. Not suicidal, I just can't understand what point there is to doing the same boring thing every day, just sitting at a desk in front of a computer for hours on end doing meaningless work, not enjoying life.

I feel like I can't find meaning in the everyday. I know every day can't be something fun or a vacation, but my life feels so monotone and pointless. What would you ladies say is the point of your life? How do you find joy in the everyday and not get totally emotionally burnt out by the same boring, meaningless routine every day?
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I teach dance. It helps.
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Saving the lives of others. I could never have such a pointless life.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I write. It's not like I'm Ernest Hemingway but some of it has been published in small publications. So I make nothing from it but if someone reads it and it says something to them I'm happy. As far as my job it's the people I meet in the health field and maybe help that makes it worthwhile. Some are asses yes but some are truly very strong in the face of much worse than I face.
Deleted User 1476

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:07 pm Saving the lives of others. I could never have such a pointless life.
Ugh, another nurse with a hero complex.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

bama_mama wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:09 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:07 pm Saving the lives of others. I could never have such a pointless life.
Who said I was a nurse? Nurses are hero's though. Everyone is health Care is a hero from the doctors to the nurses to the aides and even the people doing laundry in the hospital.
Deleted User 1476

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:10 pm
bama_mama wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:09 pm
Who said I was a nurse? Nurses are hero's though. Everyone is health Care is a hero from the doctors to the nurses to the aides and even the people doing laundry in the hospital.
Yes, people working on the frontlines are heroes.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I went back to school so hopefully in the next few years I can change jobs to do something that brings me a feeling of purpose
Right now I work because we need money and I like the perks of my job. But the job itself is boring
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What is your job? There had to be some positive impact you have on someone by doing your work every day. Think of what would happen to your kids if you weren't here. Raising the next generation is very important work.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The point of my life? To be here and annoy my daughter because it's entertaining 8-) 8-)
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic