People claiming they had covid-19

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Is this happening in your area? Dh was talking to someone yesterday who says hes not taking precautions because he had it in October. You know before it was a thing. Others are saying they had it in November and December but it wasn't here yet.
At the same time I feel like my family did have it but we flew out of the san Francisco airport right after cases were discovered there. All 4 of us got something nasty all at once with matching symptoms. Fever, deep dry cough, body aches, hard to breathe, waking up soaked in sweat, chills... it was terrible but I'm not sure if that's what it was or not and we are still staying home (except my essential worker dh). Just because the symptoms matched doesn't mean it wasn't something else.
Are people in your area claiming they had it in November and December too?
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Dh and I suspect we had it in January, but we'll never know. It was over before things ramped up stateside and we knew what was going on. I'm sure a lot of people had what they dismissed as a flu when it was actually a mild COVID infection.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We don’t know when exactly it appeared here. My who family was sick with what we think was the flu in mid February-I teach and had two students travel at that time. Was it Covid or Flu? Who knows. At any rate, unless you have had a + test there is really no way to know.
iluv2meow
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My teen had headache, stomach ache and difficulty breathing and dry cough over a week ago. She is better now. I am now coughing with minor temperature.
F***ing meow this and meow that and - MEOW
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My mil had pneumonia in October/November, right before she went to teach skiing in Whistler. She was even hospitalized for a day to two because of it. She now thinks she had Covid-19 because she went on a cruise or took a flight that had just come from China or something. I stopped listening when she said she thought she had it lol now I remember when she called and dh joked with her that she actually had Covid-19, so he put that bug in her ear.. she's a hypochondriac though lol
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I haven't heard anyone here make that claim but who knows what people think. Nobody in my house has been sick in a really long time.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:51 pm Dh and I suspect we had it in January, but we'll never know. It was over before things ramped up stateside and we knew what was going on. I'm sure a lot of people had what they dismissed as a flu when it was actually a mild COVID infection.
Studies showed that it could have hit the USA as early as October/November. My friend had a cough that wouldn't go away for a month in January. He went to the doctor twice and tested negative for the flu. It was a nasty cough, high fever etc etc.. They said he had a respiratory virus. He lost 25 pounds and damaged his voice. He sounds different now. It was a good chance he had it considering the severity of his symptoms.
We joked that it was a good thing he got over his virus before Covid hit United States considering the craziness, plus him being Asian.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:48 pm
californiagirl83 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:51 pm Dh and I suspect we had it in January, but we'll never know. It was over before things ramped up stateside and we knew what was going on. I'm sure a lot of people had what they dismissed as a flu when it was actually a mild COVID infection.
Studies showed that it could have hit the USA as early as October/November. My friend had a cough that wouldn't go away for a month in January. He went to the doctor twice and tested negative for the flu. It was a nasty cough, high fever etc etc.. They said he had a respiratory virus. He lost 25 pounds and damaged his voice. He sounds different now. It was a good chance he had it considering the severity of his symptoms.
We joked that it was a good thing he got over his virus before Covid hit United States considering the craziness, plus him being Asian.
Can you share that study? Not because I'm questioning it but because I'm truly interested. I saw something yesterday saying they were looking into it being in the us in November and December but that they don't believe it could have been that widespread at the time.
And because I didn't think it was even around in October wasn't the first case in November?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I'll bet that there were cases back in December here in the US. With all the international traveling that goes back and forth between here and China. But people who say they've already had it, cannot be sure unless they've been tested for antibodies. And if they insist on not self-isolating, unless they're out there in the frontline, they're idiots and should be tossed in jail for a few days until a judge can chew their ass out good and proper.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:51 pm
Conweis wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:48 pm
Can you share that study? Not because I'm questioning it but because I'm truly interested. I saw something yesterday saying they were looking into it being in the us in November and December but that they don't believe it could have been that widespread at the time.
And because I didn't think it was even around in October wasn't the first case in November?
IDK why I thought the article said October. I read so much stuff on the internet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 899027001/

He really wouldn't cough on people or anything. He is a very nice person and a first responder.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200328-180650_Messenger.jpg
Locked Previous topicNext topic