My 19 yr old is going to kill me

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Ivegotrhythm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:35 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 pm
Ivegotrhythm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:24 pm

You're right, just the best we can.

I never thought I could want to go grocery shopping so bad!
Me too! I am going out grocery shopping early Friday morning. I have to. My Nana is 84 and is not leaving her home and needs things. I’ll get in and get out!
I've been tossing the idea around.

Here's the thing: we are out of ferret food ( they eat Kitten Chow).

I have a choice. I can either make an hour round trip to a drive thru feed store and be exposing to almost no one. Or I can drive 5 minutes to Kroger and pick up some milk, bread, and some fresh stuff to make meals less boring. And some snacks.

I keep going back and forth because I don't want to expose my parents to anything.

Do any of the local stores deliver?
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My 17 year old keep coming up with small reasons to leave the house. Yesterday it was to buy a charger for his phone but he waited for a specific time to go and he got way too dressed up. He did the same thing the day before to pickup some tums. I suspect he was meeting up with someone. His father still goes out everyday for work so our chances of getting the virus is higher than usual.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:44 am My 17 year old keep coming up with small reasons to leave the house. Yesterday it was to buy a charger for his phone but he waited for a specific time to go and he got way too dressed up. He did the same thing the day before to pickup some tums. I suspect he was meeting up with someone. His father still goes out everyday for work so our chances of getting the virus is higher than usual.
I thought you all were staying at SO's house?
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Wow she brought whatever from college and you're ok with it but she can't go see her bf when all you need to do is wash your damn hands and shower! If you're family is so immune compromised then she shouldn't never have been allowed home from college
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 am Wow she brought whatever from college and you're ok with it but she can't go see her bf when all you need to do is wash your damn hands and shower! If you're family is so immune compromised then she shouldn't never have been allowed home from college
WOW! You think taking a shower is going to stop the spread. :( :roll:
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:37 am
Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 am Wow she brought whatever from college and you're ok with it but she can't go see her bf when all you need to do is wash your damn hands and shower! If you're family is so immune compromised then she shouldn't never have been allowed home from college
What part of what the CDC says about washing yourself don't you understand? To avoid an illness wash your damn hands and stop touching your face. The girl is an adult and is old enough to make her own choices. My husband goes to work every day with a compromised immune system and the way he is keeping from getting sick is....OMG washing himself. Not that hard to understand
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:52 am
What part of what the CDC says about washing yourself don't you understand? To avoid an illness wash your damn hands and stop touching your face. The girl is an adult and is old enough to make her own choices. My husband goes to work every day with a compromised immune system and the way he is keeping from getting sick is....OMG washing himself. Not that hard to understand
Washing ones self should obviously be an everyday thing, but it's not going to STOP the spread. It can help slow it up, but it alone isn't going to stop it. Let's just hope the girl didn't already carry it before she got home.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:56 am
Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:52 am

Washing ones self should obviously be an everyday thing, but it's not going to STOP the spread. It can help slow it up, but it alone isn't going to stop it. Let's just hope the girl didn't already carry it before she got home.
And your very last sentence was my whole entire point she let her come home from college without knowing if she was a carrier but yet she won't let her leave and go see her boyfriend....🤷
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

From what I can tell, our neighbors two teenagers have hunkered down with a boyfriend and at least 2 friends. Also, have not seen them leave. So I guess if she wanted to see him, she should have entered lockdown with him.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 pm She is home from college and I am not allowing her to see her boyfriend because of the lockdown. She keeps asking if he could just come over but I am taking the whole no-visitors thing pretty seriously. It doesn't seem worth it to me, she can FaceTime him and it's really just not a big deal. I have younger daughters, one who is asthmatic and one who is immunocompromised, so I don't want anyone coming here or her going there. Now I'm the devil... ugh... this will be a long however many weeks it lasts.
You are doing the right thing. Good for you! Stay strong! Also, sit that 19 year old of your's down and have a serious talk with her. She is an adult and needs to start acting like one.
Locked Previous topicNext topic