My 19 yr old is going to kill me

Anonymous 12

Unread post

Is this the video you are referring to?

When I watched it a second time, I learned that he only Lysoled packaging. But he DID use SOAP and water directly on the fruit! That's not something I would do! I'd just run it under water & scrub when necessary.

In my opinion, this is much better advice than the guy above! lol

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/fo ... 901725001/

Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:07 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm However, when you do that, you have control over your safety. I had to go to the supermarket yesterday for just a few things that weren’t available at Walmart online. So I planned and got there at 7:30 a.m, opening hours, it was pretty much empty, I didn’t grab a cart, I had a couple of reusable cloth bags with me and I just put the items I was buying in them. The second I got to my car I used antibacterial gel.
Once I got home, I wiped all my purchases with disinfectant and washed and disinfected all my produce. I then disinfected my counters.

So that’s the difference. I trust the measures I’m taking, I can’t trust what others are doing. And people who think spending time with others is more important than a loved one’s health can’t be trusted with proper precautions.
Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:21 am

So you don't go out for food and supplies? I get expecting adult children to follow rules but unless you do the same you are already exposing your family.
The only thing you just proved to me is you are insane as that doctor I saw on facebook last night washing produce with soap. No matter how much you sanatize you can not gaurantee you wont bring it home to others in your house. Do you disinfect your groceries during flu season as well or is this just paranoia induced behaivor? I hope you at least use a safe methood for washing produce. This guy online was seriously using lysol on fruit that you eat the skin.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Momto2boys,
First, I want to say...I'm not questioning your methods. I also don't blame you for not trusting what others may or may not be doing to stop the spread of the virus. I agree with everything you're saying. But I want to know (genuinely) because I've never done this before: How are you disinfecting your produce? The only thing I do with mine is run it under cold water, scrub when pourous, and soak. But I do all this with just water. Do you use something other than cold water? Thanks for RSVPing.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm However, when you do that, you have control over your safety. I had to go to the supermarket yesterday for just a few things that weren’t available at Walmart online. So I planned and got there at 7:30 a.m, opening hours, it was pretty much empty, I didn’t grab a cart, I had a couple of reusable cloth bags with me and I just put the items I was buying in them. The second I got to my car I used antibacterial gel.
Once I got home, I wiped all my purchases with disinfectant and washed and disinfected all my produce. I then disinfected my counters.

So that’s the difference. I trust the measures I’m taking, I can’t trust what others are doing. And people who think spending time with others is more important than a loved one’s health can’t be trusted with proper precautions.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:02 pm
I would tell her to go ahead and do whatever she wants to do, she is legally an adult and she is responsible for her actions. If she chooses to leave then she should pack her stuff and go to see and stay with her boyfriend. But she would NOT be allowed back into my house until this Covid-19 was completely over with.
Your house....... your rules
So you don't go out for food and supplies? I get expecting adult children to follow rules but unless you do the same you are already exposing your family.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:02 pm
I would tell her to go ahead and do whatever she wants to do, she is legally an adult and she is responsible for her actions. If she chooses to leave then she should pack her stuff and go to see and stay with her boyfriend. But she would NOT be allowed back into my house until this Covid-19 was completely over with.
Your house....... your rules
That would not work around here. You have to take a cart as is controls the number of people in the store. No cart, no entry till a cart is back. Next open hour is reserved for seniors no entry if you are not a senior till after the first hour. Also they are now asking we leave our bags at home and use plastic bags. I am still trying to figure out how you sanitize mushrooms
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:44 am My 17 year old keep coming up with small reasons to leave the house. Yesterday it was to buy a charger for his phone but he waited for a specific time to go and he got way too dressed up. He did the same thing the day before to pickup some tums. I suspect he was meeting up with someone. His father still goes out everyday for work so our chances of getting the virus is higher than usual.
I thought you all were staying at SO's house?
long story and I really don't care to get into it.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:59 pm

That would not work around here. You have to take a cart as is controls the number of people in the store. No cart, no entry till a cart is back. Next open hour is reserved for seniors no entry if you are not a senior till after the first hour. Also they are now asking we leave our bags at home and use plastic bags. I am still trying to figure out how you sanitize mushrooms
This is more or less what we are doing in my area. The exception is the carts. I have not seen mandatory use of them here. I went to the LCBO yesterday and they were only allowing five people in at a time. Five in, five out, then five more in.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:25 pm

The only thing you just proved to me is you are insane as that doctor I saw on facebook last night washing produce with soap. No matter how much you sanatize you can not gaurantee you wont bring it home to others in your house. Do you disinfect your groceries during flu season as well or is this just paranoia induced behaivor? I hope you at least use a safe methood for washing produce. This guy online was seriously using lysol on fruit that you eat the skin.

Every time you take needless chances you are increasing the chances you, someone you love, or a medical professional is going to die from Covid-19. It's a horrible way to die. People who are taking steps to reduce the chances of bringing into their homes are doing the right thing.

You may not respect the lives of others. Don't insult those who do.
Way to assume things. Just because I think it's insane to wash fruit you eat with lysol dosent mean I take needless chances or that I don't respect the loves of others. It means I don't think poisoning your family is the safest thing to do that's it. I haven't been in a store in weeks because I don't take chances with my own health or anyone else's. I'm not going to feed my family lysol soaked plums if you want to see that as me not caring about others then that's on you. Yes my children's health is my top priority as it should be. That does not mean I can't care for others at the same time. Would you seriously feed your children lysol covered food for any reason?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:41 am
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:25 pm

Every time you take needless chances you are increasing the chances you, someone you love, or a medical professional is going to die from Covid-19. It's a horrible way to die. People who are taking steps to reduce the chances of bringing into their homes are doing the right thing.

You may not respect the lives of others. Don't insult those who do.
Way to assume things. Just because I think it's insane to wash fruit you eat with lysol dosent mean I take needless chances or that I don't respect the loves of others. It means I don't think poisoning your family is the safest thing to do that's it. I haven't been in a store in weeks because I don't take chances with my own health or anyone else's. I'm not going to feed my family lysol soaked plums if you want to see that as me not caring about others then that's on you. Yes my children's health is my top priority as it should be. That does not mean I can't care for others at the same time. Would you seriously feed your children lysol covered food for any reason?

Of course, I wouldn't do that. My response was to you saying she was "as insane as that doctor". Your comment was untrue and uncalled for.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:05 pm That reminded me of the idiot who called me a hypocrite for criticizing her unnecessary contact with others by throwing a dinner party with friends when I’m having “unnecessary” contact with my family. Seriously? We all live in the same house, how is contact with each other “unnecessary”? Did she really expect me to throw my 13 year old out to avoid contact? 😂But this was an idiot who can’t tell the difference between “can” and “should”...

I also had to bring my son from school, he’s studying HS in the US and we’re in Mexico. Once it became obvious that international travel may be affected soon, the school allowed all international students to go home and take classes online. By now the school is closed, so everyone is doing online classes. I knew there was a risk by bringing him over, but it was the best thing to do and really that’s all any of us can do- our best. We’ll make mistakes, we’ll fall short, but it’s our best and that’s all we can do.

The people who aren’t doing their best, like dinner-party troll, those are the people who deserve a beating 😁
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:50 pm
Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 am Wow she brought whatever from college and you're ok with it but she can't go see her bf when all you need to do is wash your damn hands and shower! If you're family is so immune compromised then she shouldn't never have been allowed home from college
Oh gosh... this virus is really bringing out the stupid.

First point: school and work are essential so there's no way to get around that. It's very different than a for-fun, unnecessary visit. I'm not taking any chances, especially needless ones.

Second: my daughter has been home from college for more than two weeks at this point, which is the incubation period, so if she did contract something there, we'd have known by now. Were she to keep going out, the two-week period would restart every time she left the house.

Third: her college required that all students leave housing unless they were international students and had no permanent residence they could go back to. So your suggestion is to not allow her to come home? Should she sleep on the street then?

You sound like a wackjob.
It’s kind of hilarious to me how people are trying to equate necessary things (grocery shopping) to unnecessary contact/visits (seeing her bf is not a must). Obviously, like you said, we must all take calculated risks. Getting food to feed our families is a necessity. But why take risks when you don’t have to? I don’t understand why this is so difficult for people to grasp.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm Sad that at 19 she still has to ask for your permission.
Thanks for showing what a bigot you are. Attacking someone personally just because you disagree with their opinion... real mature.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:53 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm Sad that at 19 she still has to ask for your permission.
Thanks for showing what a bigot you are. Attacking someone personally just because you disagree with their opinion... real mature.
What anon 2 said above doesn't make them a bigot.
Locked Previous topicNext topic