My 19 yr old is going to kill me

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:39 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:53 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm Sad that at 19 she still has to ask for your permission.
Thanks for showing what a bigot you are. Attacking someone personally just because you disagree with their opinion... real mature.
What anon 2 said above doesn't make them a bigot.
Piece of advice: don’t comment on something if you haven’t read the whole post. Anon2 commented elsewhere a racist, bigoted comment about Momto2boys being uneducated because she lives in Mexico, then anon deleted that comment, so I had to quote her original comment.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

So, OP...How'd you resolve this?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:31 pm So, OP...How'd you resolve this?
Nothing to resolve, no one in or out until this virus is over. Not worth the lives of my children to have unnecessary contact.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:56 pm
Nothing to resolve, no one in or out until this virus is over. Not worth the lives of my children to have unnecessary contact.
I did not read the whole post so sorry if you answered this, but what would you do if your daughter or husband was working outside the home?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wash it and then soak it in diluted chlorine (I make a mixture of half a tablespoon for 5 liters of water. After a couple of minutes, I rinse it well.
Anonymous 12 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:23 pm Momto2boys,
First, I want to say...I'm not questioning your methods. I also don't blame you for not trusting what others may or may not be doing to stop the spread of the virus. I agree with everything you're saying. But I want to know (genuinely) because I've never done this before: How are you disinfecting your produce? The only thing I do with mine is run it under cold water, scrub when pourous, and soak. But I do all this with just water. Do you use something other than cold water? Thanks for RSVPing.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:57 pm However, when you do that, you have control over your safety. I had to go to the supermarket yesterday for just a few things that weren’t available at Walmart online. So I planned and got there at 7:30 a.m, opening hours, it was pretty much empty, I didn’t grab a cart, I had a couple of reusable cloth bags with me and I just put the items I was buying in them. The second I got to my car I used antibacterial gel.
Once I got home, I wiped all my purchases with disinfectant and washed and disinfected all my produce. I then disinfected my counters.

So that’s the difference. I trust the measures I’m taking, I can’t trust what others are doing. And people who think spending time with others is more important than a loved one’s health can’t be trusted with proper precautions.
Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:21 am

So you don't go out for food and supplies? I get expecting adult children to follow rules but unless you do the same you are already exposing your family.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:04 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:56 pm
I did not read the whole post so sorry if you answered this, but what would you do if your daughter or husband was working outside the home?
Work is a necessity. The whole idea is to minimize non-essential contact, so I don’t see unnecessary visits as essential right now. We have to take some calculated risks, of course, but if we don’t have to then why do it? I just don’t see it as being worth it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic