Why are people making this stuff up?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We all know that our healthcare systems and workers are strained right now in many places. BUT it seems like some people are making things up to add to it, for . . . . attention? What?

Like the people trolling here.

Or like whoever posted lies about a St Louis hospital on Facebook and spread it around:

https://www.wavy.com/news/health/corona ... onditions/

A Facebook post about horrific conditions at St. Louis University Hospital has prompted SSM Health to refute its claims of being inundated with COVID-19 patients.

Over the weekend, local Facebook users began copying and pasting remarks attributed to an unidentified nurse at SLU Hospital....

In these remarks, this person claiming to be a nurse says an ER doctor is dying from COVID-19 and the hospital is being overrun with sick patients. The post even says doctors are refusing to see patients out of fear of contracting the coronavirus.

Late Sunday morning, SSM Health addressed the claims on its own Facebook page, saying the hospital’s ER is not overwhelmed and that none of their emergency physicians has been “hospitalized with the virus.”

Maybe you ladies trolling about coronavirus situations here can explain why someone would post about untrue things on social media related to the virus? Do you not see the harm this can cause?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

The same reason they post about other stupid shit. For attention and because they are idiots. Someone actually claimed 2 people at our local Walmart had coronavirus and it was 100% false. They had bronchitis.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:59 am We all know that our healthcare systems and workers are strained right now in many places. BUT it seems like some people are making things up to add to it, for . . . . attention? What?

Like the people trolling here.

Or like whoever posted lies about a St Louis hospital on Facebook and spread it around:

https://www.wavy.com/news/health/corona ... onditions/

A Facebook post about horrific conditions at St. Louis University Hospital has prompted SSM Health to refute its claims of being inundated with COVID-19 patients.

Over the weekend, local Facebook users began copying and pasting remarks attributed to an unidentified nurse at SLU Hospital....

In these remarks, this person claiming to be a nurse says an ER doctor is dying from COVID-19 and the hospital is being overrun with sick patients. The post even says doctors are refusing to see patients out of fear of contracting the coronavirus.

Late Sunday morning, SSM Health addressed the claims on its own Facebook page, saying the hospital’s ER is not overwhelmed and that none of their emergency physicians has been “hospitalized with the virus.”

Maybe you ladies trolling about coronavirus situations here can explain why someone would post about untrue things on social media related to the virus? Do you not see the harm this can cause?
You are just as bad as the trolls, how is this bullshit post any different?
Attachments
tenor (9).gif
tenor (9).gif (668.84 KiB) Viewed 599 times
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Believe none of what you read, and only half of what you see.

I feel that a very small percentage of "news" these days is true. I moved overseas and the things my friends and family hear in the news about my new country is ridiculous.

If there isn't some evidence to back something up, I'm very sceptical.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:59 am Believe none of what you read, and only half of what you see.

I feel that a very small percentage of "news" these days is true. I moved overseas and the things my friends and family hear in the news about my new country is ridiculous.

If there isn't some evidence to back something up, I'm very sceptical.
These days if my own mother went on social media and said she loved me I'd call my father to verify it. I can't even look at Facebook. All it does is gets me agitated because so much of it is false.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Attention is why.. Anything for likes and shares
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Some people do note cope with crisis very well!
Some people feel exaggeration is worthy to prove a point!
Some people love attention.
Some people struggle to tell fact from fiction.

We all see life through different lenses.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Because some people are like that Mile High Toilet Licker.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

So happy I don't have FB anymore. So much bullshit on there.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:46 am Attention is why.. Anything for likes and shares
You would know
Locked Previous topicNext topic