Anyone NOT under a shelter in place or stay home order?

User avatar
AZLizardLady
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:00 am
Location: Kinda...obvious...yes?

Unread post

We presently are not doing the "shelter in place" here in AZ though there are online petitions going around to strongly urge our Gov. to do so. There are also local city mayor's who are also urging him.

We do have some new, emergency procedures and rules for hospitals and other medical facilities to follow.

The Nation Guard has "boots on the ground" here, helping with food banks and grocery stores.

Currently (and the last I have read), AZ has a total of 509 positive cases with 9 deaths. 13 of our 15 counties have at least one case or more with the county I live in having the largest amount of cases as we are the largest county in the state.
"Great minds don't think alike. They think for themselves..." --Sakiyah
Anonymous 10

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:55 pm
We presently are not doing the "shelter in place" here in AZ though there are online petitions going around to strongly urge our Gov. to do so. There are also local city mayor's who are also urging him.

We do have some new, emergency procedures and rules for hospitals and other medical facilities to follow.

The Nation Guard has "boots on the ground" here, helping with food banks and grocery stores.

Currently (and the last I have read), AZ has a total of 509 positive cases with 9 deaths. 13 of our 15 counties have at least one case or more with the county I live in having the largest amount of cases as we are the largest county in the state.
Dd has a couple friends who are with the National Guard. About 2 weeks ago, they started contacting all reservists asking for volunteers to go active. Both of her friends did, but are on stand by because so many have volunteered. Which is just amazing to me.

I understand Ducey’s point but it totally floors me that either there’s some that are following guidelines while others act as if this is a mild inconvenience and just going about business as usual, not even respecting the simple 6’ apart.
User avatar
AZLizardLady
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:00 am
Location: Kinda...obvious...yes?

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 am
AZLizardLady wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:55 pm
We presently are not doing the "shelter in place" here in AZ though there are online petitions going around to strongly urge our Gov. to do so. There are also local city mayor's who are also urging him.

We do have some new, emergency procedures and rules for hospitals and other medical facilities to follow.

The Nation Guard has "boots on the ground" here, helping with food banks and grocery stores.

Currently (and the last I have read), AZ has a total of 509 positive cases with 9 deaths. 13 of our 15 counties have at least one case or more with the county I live in having the largest amount of cases as we are the largest county in the state.
Dd has a couple friends who are with the National Guard. About 2 weeks ago, they started contacting all reservists asking for volunteers to go active. Both of her friends did, but are on stand by because so many have volunteered. Which is just amazing to me.

I understand Ducey’s point but it totally floors me that either there’s some that are following guidelines while others act as if this is a mild inconvenience and just going about business as usual, not even respecting the simple 6’ apart.
There are so very many who I am incredibly proud of during all of this horrible time, and National Guard is among them. My thank you to both her friend's for being there....or about to be...for all of us! :)

I get his point...Ducey's...yet at the same time, I have strong concerns as well. Dr. Cara Christ who is the director of the ADHS stated only a day ago or so that Arizona has not seen its "peak" yet and we could still be about 3 to 5 weeks out from that with May being potentially another peak of hospitalizations.

Very alarming and scary but I want that realistic approach so we all know what to do and what to expect. I do not want pipe dreams and unrealistic goals.

Less than a day ago, Ducey put forth the following EO for hospital preparedness (and which I fully support him on): https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/gov- ... cases-grow

We're getting ready for the big hit. :(
"Great minds don't think alike. They think for themselves..." --Sakiyah
User avatar
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2211
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:38 am
Location: Nut House

Unread post

In Ontario, a person is only under and order to stay in place or quarantine if they have returned from outside the country or are showing signs of COVID-19 or been diagnosed with it. Other than that, besides precautions such as keeping a minimum of six feet distance from non household members, self-isolation is voluntary but non family groups can't be over 10 people. If someone is found to be having a get-together at their house with more than 10 people, they will be fined a minimum of $1,000.

Saying that, there is a huge social awareness about breaking these rules.
User avatar
highlandmum
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2538
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:26 am
In Ontario, a person is only under and order to stay in place or quarantine if they have returned from outside the country or are showing signs of COVID-19 or been diagnosed with it. Other than that, besides precautions such as keeping a minimum of six feet distance from non household members, self-isolation is voluntary but non family groups can't be over 10 people. If someone is found to be having a get-together at their house with more than 10 people, they will be fined a minimum of $1,000.

Saying that, there is a huge social awareness about breaking these rules.
Australia is finally doing what I said Canada should have done when we had 20 cases. Anyone coming to Canada from another country be it - air, land, or water be quarantined in a Hotel/Government run facility for 14 days. If you test positive you stay, if you get a negative reading on two tests you get to continue to your home. We cannot trust many people with self-isolation at all.
User avatar
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2211
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:38 am
Location: Nut House

Unread post

highlandmum wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:50 am
Linda_Runs wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:26 am
In Ontario, a person is only under and order to stay in place or quarantine if they have returned from outside the country or are showing signs of COVID-19 or been diagnosed with it. Other than that, besides precautions such as keeping a minimum of six feet distance from non household members, self-isolation is voluntary but non family groups can't be over 10 people. If someone is found to be having a get-together at their house with more than 10 people, they will be fined a minimum of $1,000.

Saying that, there is a huge social awareness about breaking these rules.
Australia is finally doing what I said Canada should have done when we had 20 cases. Anyone coming to Canada from another country be it - air, land, or water be quarantined in a Hotel/Government run facility for 14 days. If you test positive you stay, if you get a negative reading on two tests you get to continue to your home. We cannot trust many people with self-isolation at all.
Not everyone is following the rules and recommendations. I see it in this community as I get around as permitted.
User avatar
highlandmum
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2538
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:57 am
highlandmum wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:50 am
Linda_Runs wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:26 am
In Ontario, a person is only under and order to stay in place or quarantine if they have returned from outside the country or are showing signs of COVID-19 or been diagnosed with it. Other than that, besides precautions such as keeping a minimum of six feet distance from non household members, self-isolation is voluntary but non family groups can't be over 10 people. If someone is found to be having a get-together at their house with more than 10 people, they will be fined a minimum of $1,000.

Saying that, there is a huge social awareness about breaking these rules.
Australia is finally doing what I said Canada should have done when we had 20 cases. Anyone coming to Canada from another country be it - air, land, or water be quarantined in a Hotel/Government run facility for 14 days. If you test positive you stay, if you get a negative reading on two tests you get to continue to your home. We cannot trust many people with self-isolation at all.
Not everyone is following the rules and recommendations. I see it in this community as I get around as permitted.
No, they are not. They should have from square one put anyone coming back into the country and fed them through four airports (Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Calgary), from there they take them to a hotel or government facility where they make sure they cannot leave for the 14 days. We did it with the cruise ships not sure why we did not do it with anyone else. If you cross at a border crossing - you have to report to a hotel within the border city or face a fine if you go home. It would not have stopped in 100% but would have flattened the curve a lot quicker.
User avatar
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 6783
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:12 pm
Location: Widow Lane&Hell Avenue

Unread post

We were told to stay home, stay healthy order. I still have to work. I have today off, but go back Monday. Restaurants are doing take out, and delivery orders only. No dine in.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.


My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14. I miss you!
User avatar
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 6783
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:12 pm
Location: Widow Lane&Hell Avenue

Unread post

Sassyfrass01 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:44 am
We are under an official Stay Home, Stay Well order. however that didn't happen until our local coastal communities were besieged with Idiotic Spring Breakers, over this last weekend, All the Mayors of the North And Central Coast called and emailed our "wonderful" Governor and raised hell with her, She finally issued an official Stay Home, Stay Well order on Monday.
She should of done it on Friday instead of merely suggesting Stay Home.

Only Essential places are now open, all Access to Beaches, Parks including County, State and National
I expected her to issue the order late Sunday night, or super early Monday morning. I came home from work Monday afternoon to see she issued it at 12:30 that day. I now have one of those letters that deem me essential now. But I'm not out running around either on my time off.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.


My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14. I miss you!
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:43 am

Unread post

My county was just issued a Stay at home order. It doesn't change anything though. We are already staying home except for going to the store and going for walks and my husband has to go to work. So far our county doesn't have too many positive cases so hopefully the precautions will help slow down the spread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic