Anyone NOT under a shelter in place or stay home order?

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:08 am
Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:55 pm We presently are not doing the "shelter in place" here in AZ though there are online petitions going around to strongly urge our Gov. to do so. There are also local city mayor's who are also urging him.

We do have some new, emergency procedures and rules for hospitals and other medical facilities to follow.

The Nation Guard has "boots on the ground" here, helping with food banks and grocery stores.

Currently (and the last I have read), AZ has a total of 509 positive cases with 9 deaths. 13 of our 15 counties have at least one case or more with the county I live in having the largest amount of cases as we are the largest county in the state.
Dd has a couple friends who are with the National Guard. About 2 weeks ago, they started contacting all reservists asking for volunteers to go active. Both of her friends did, but are on stand by because so many have volunteered. Which is just amazing to me.

I understand Ducey’s point but it totally floors me that either there’s some that are following guidelines while others act as if this is a mild inconvenience and just going about business as usual, not even respecting the simple 6’ apart.
There are so very many who I am incredibly proud of during all of this horrible time, and National Guard is among them. My thank you to both her friend's for being there....or about to be...for all of us! :)

I get his point...Ducey's...yet at the same time, I have strong concerns as well. Dr. Cara Christ who is the director of the ADHS stated only a day ago or so that Arizona has not seen its "peak" yet and we could still be about 3 to 5 weeks out from that with May being potentially another peak of hospitalizations.

Very alarming and scary but I want that realistic approach so we all know what to do and what to expect. I do not want pipe dreams and unrealistic goals.

Less than a day ago, Ducey put forth the following EO for hospital preparedness (and which I fully support him on): https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/gov- ... cases-grow

We're getting ready for the big hit. :(
Hadn’t meant to go anon, I didn’t realize I had even tapped it until I read your reply, lol.

I had seen that he had done that EO. While I think it would have been better to do this sooner, at least we haven’t hit desperate shortages before he did the executive order, hopefully it’s still early enough for hospitals to get fully prepared.

We need that realistic approach. Not to create panic, but straight forward reality that’s clear.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Cupcake_mama_jzd wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:20 pm Only "essential" services are still open. Although, according to our provincial list of what constitutes "essential" it's damned near everyone. Pretty much just malls and salons are closed. There seems to be more people out and about than ever before. And now that stores are only allowing a few people in at once, people are gathered in the hundreds right out side the door- elbow to elbow.

The higher ups are so afraid of the financial toll, that they are willing to risk the lives of millions. And as long as businesses are open, people will shop.
Went to Home Depot on my way home from work yesterday (had to get something FOR work)and the place was packed. Line was extreme going both ways down each side of the store. They had a "wait" outside of the store before I went in. There was nobody there. I was in the front and they let me in after 30 secs. When I came out there were like 20 people outside. I thought maybe they were one of the hidden stores to get TP, but no, nobody in lines I saw had anything like that.

Doesn't seem to be anyone staying home. Traffic was just as bad when I came home from work today. And I sadly admit that I went out to get dinner and traffic was just as bad then, too.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:04 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 am

Dd has a couple friends who are with the National Guard. About 2 weeks ago, they started contacting all reservists asking for volunteers to go active. Both of her friends did, but are on stand by because so many have volunteered. Which is just amazing to me.

I understand Ducey’s point but it totally floors me that either there’s some that are following guidelines while others act as if this is a mild inconvenience and just going about business as usual, not even respecting the simple 6’ apart.
There are so very many who I am incredibly proud of during all of this horrible time, and National Guard is among them. My thank you to both her friend's for being there....or about to be...for all of us! :)

I get his point...Ducey's...yet at the same time, I have strong concerns as well. Dr. Cara Christ who is the director of the ADHS stated only a day ago or so that Arizona has not seen its "peak" yet and we could still be about 3 to 5 weeks out from that with May being potentially another peak of hospitalizations.

Very alarming and scary but I want that realistic approach so we all know what to do and what to expect. I do not want pipe dreams and unrealistic goals.

Less than a day ago, Ducey put forth the following EO for hospital preparedness (and which I fully support him on): https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/gov- ... cases-grow

Hadn’t meant to go anon, I didn’t realize I had even tapped it until I read your reply, lol.

I had seen that he had done that EO. While I think it would have been better to do this sooner, at least we haven’t hit desperate shortages before he did the executive order, hopefully it’s still early enough for hospitals to get fully prepared.

We need that realistic approach. Not to create panic, but straight forward reality that’s clear.
I think there are other EO's he might need to undertake including, again, shelter in place. However, he was interviewed by a reporter today from ABC15 news about it and he still states that essentially, he won't be doing so at this time. :/

Our son who works in retail for a local Goodwill has taken an approved LOA and because he's afraid given the amount of people who still show up to shop, at least at the GW he works at, he could bring something home to his father and myself. My husband is a heart patient who was diagnosed with congestive heart failure a year and a half ago. While tests now show he is no longer in failure, his heart is still not at 100%. Combine that with COPD, and it's particularly scary at this time. He's doing very well and we're keeping a very close eye on him...his vitals, including his pulse ox are taken a few times a day as usual as is his temperature. He's also a Type 2 diabetic though honestly, his pcp believes he may no longer be given his A1c and daily blood checks being so good.

Anyway, I respect our son's position though I know it was a very hard one to make and something he struggled with this week. Luckily his store manager and the HR department completely agreed with him and have told him he has a job when the time comes.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

We're not yet. There's a curfew, no dining in at any restaurant, no groups of more than 10, etc. The police are taking it very seriously.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Stay Home, Stay Safe order here. No non essential business. I am being paid to stay at home although I have to use sick time for the "volunteer" childcare shifts for health workers which are actually forced volunteerism for school employees. I would be happy to volunteer or even be forced to work but I have a high risk spouse and I will not put him at further risk working with kids who have been likely exposed. We have only been two places in 15 days and that was to get groceries. I go into the store and my husband sits in the car. He is a bit nervous about the increase in assaults and muggings so he insist on driving me.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:38 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:04 pm

I think there are other EO's he might need to undertake including, again, shelter in place. However, he was interviewed by a reporter today from ABC15 news about it and he still states that essentially, he won't be doing so at this time. :/

Our son who works in retail for a local Goodwill has taken an approved LOA and because he's afraid given the amount of people who still show up to shop, at least at the GW he works at, he could bring something home to his father and myself. My husband is a heart patient who was diagnosed with congestive heart failure a year and a half ago. While tests now show he is no longer in failure, his heart is still not at 100%. Combine that with COPD, and it's particularly scary at this time. He's doing very well and we're keeping a very close eye on him...his vitals, including his pulse ox are taken a few times a day as usual as is his temperature. He's also a Type 2 diabetic though honestly, his pcp believes he may no longer be given his A1c and daily blood checks being so good.

Anyway, I respect our son's position though I know it was a very hard one to make and something he struggled with this week. Luckily his store manager and the HR department completely agreed with him and have told him he has a job when the time comes.
Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll see Ducey issue a shelter in place unless city/town officials do not by the time it escalates.

I respect your son’s decision too. That had to be a very hard decision and it’s even harder when the consequences could be negative even though it’s the right decision. I’m so glad they are giving him a loa. Dh works for an aerospace company. They are contracted with the military and also private contracts to clean and repair engines and engine components. They are providing them gloves and masks, changed breaks so only 2 are on break at a time, if anyone even has the sniffles they are sent home, they have changed some work procedures to physical distance like only 1 person at each area at a time.

That’s great about the diabetes with your Dh, I hope it continues to stay that way and that he continues to do well after the heart failure. Have any of his drs advised using a mask, not specifically now, but in general. Lung disease runs in my family, my aunt has CF, my mom has COPD from chronic bronchitis and asthma. I’m asthmatic, was diagnosed with COPD from chronic lung infections but was re-diagnosed as asthmatic with bronchiectasis. When I switched pulmonologists about 8 or so years ago, it was the first thing he recommended to do during flu season and AQ advisory days. If he hasn’t, I’d recommend it. I prefer Cambridge, I just did a pre-order, the size I need is on preorders, they only have certain sizes available right now, because I sent my parents and aunt my extras. While I know this may not be immediately helpful under the current situation, it may in the future. Stay safe!!!
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:11 am Stay Home, Stay Safe order here. No non essential business. I am being paid to stay at home although I have to use sick time for the "volunteer" childcare shifts for health workers which are actually forced volunteerism for school employees. I would be happy to volunteer or even be forced to work but I have a high risk spouse and I will not put him at further risk working with kids who have been likely exposed. We have only been two places in 15 days and that was to get groceries. I go into the store and my husband sits in the car. He is a bit nervous about the increase in assaults and muggings so he insist on driving me.
I can understand wanting and willing to volunteer but choosing not to. I also don’t blame him for wanting to make sure your safe. These are such uncertain times.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh my ... people are being mugged at the grocery store parking lots in your area?

It wouldn’t be a bad idea to gave police presence in grocery store/supply stores parking lots.

Stay safe and be extra vigilant. People are going nuts out there.

sheramom4 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:11 am Stay Home, Stay Safe order here. No non essential business. I am being paid to stay at home although I have to use sick time for the "volunteer" childcare shifts for health workers which are actually forced volunteerism for school employees. I would be happy to volunteer or even be forced to work but I have a high risk spouse and I will not put him at further risk working with kids who have been likely exposed. We have only been two places in 15 days and that was to get groceries. I go into the store and my husband sits in the car. He is a bit nervous about the increase in assaults and muggings so he insist on driving me.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:15 am Oh my ... people are being mugged at the grocery store parking lots in your area?

It wouldn’t be a bad idea to gave police presence in grocery store/supply stores parking lots.

Here we've had cars broken into, and thieves stealing toilet paper and cleaning supplies. Which is nuts.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:40 am
cgd5112 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:15 am Oh my ... people are being mugged at the grocery store parking lots in your area?

sheramom4 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:11 am Stay Home, Stay Safe order here. No non essential business. I am being paid to stay at home although I have to use sick time for the "volunteer" childcare shifts for health workers which are actually forced volunteerism for school employees. I would be happy to volunteer or even be forced to work but I have a high risk spouse and I will not put him at further risk working with kids who have been likely exposed. We have only been two places in 15 days and that was to get grries. I go into the store and my husband sits in the car. He is a bit nervous about the increase in assaults and muggings so he insist on driving me.
Here we've had cars broken into, and thieves stealing toilet paper and cleaning supplies. Which is nuts.
Our grocery store has had a cop there for the last couple of weeks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic