Anyone NOT under a shelter in place or stay home order?

Deleted User 876

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:08 pm We are under “stay home, work safe”. I dropped off a jug of water to a mom with a newborn. Other than I have been inside all day.
Not here, yet. DH has to go in to his job but I'm working remotely.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

At this point we aren't but restaurants (closed to dine in but not curbside pick up), bars, gyms and schools are closed through April 3rd and then the situation will be re-evaluated. My employer closed the store part of the business and we just take call in orders with curbside pick up or a "drop and go" delivery with a phone number so the recipient knows the delivery is at their door. I'm at home, work and go to the grocery store only when necessary. DH is still out working every day and that concerns me as the virus is getting closer with more cases confirmed in this state every day.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Our county in Kansas has been under "stay-at-home" orders since the 21st.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We are not. However, many in our town are staying home and just going out for necessities- groceries, meds, etc. We are all trying to practice physical distancing. At the grocery store, people are reminded to keep their distance from one another.

We just got notice that schools are now closed til May. I just hope they close for the remainder at this point.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:17 am We are not. However, many in our town are staying home and just going out for necessities- groceries, meds, etc. We are all trying to practice physical distancing. At the grocery store, people are reminded to keep their distance from one another.

We just got notice that schools are now closed til May. I just hope they close for the remainder at this point.
Our schools are closed until April 24. But they keep extending the date. It has been rough on my high schooler. She is such a social kid. It has been nice that we are all home for dinner and can cook together.

People are not really staying home even with the order in place. We have people going to the store every single day trying to stock up. We have set up groceries for delivery on Saturday. But I feel bad exposing someone else that doesn't have to...I may go on my own.

One nice thing has been our neighborhood has really stepped up. Someone will post something they need and many respond.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Aside from social distancing, my state isn't (so far) under a stay at home order. Dh is essential, so he still reports to work. The kids are all out of school until I believe April 4th, but there is talk of extending that date out.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

We are not and I am essential.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We're not. I'm wondering if it really matters? Are people that have been ordered to be actually following it? Seems like there are 100 exceptions and if people didn't care enough to be careful before an order like that, they don't care afterwards either.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Stay at home order was placed this previous monday but it wasn't any different because they were already telling people to stay home since the 13th after the schools closed. Then on the 16th is when they closed the restaurants and bars and other places besides pick up orders. I haven't left the house since the 15th and that day I just went to the gas station.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:26 am Aside from social distancing, my state isn't (so far) under a stay at home order. Dh is essential, so he still reports to work. The kids are all out of school until I believe April 4th, but there is talk of extending that date out.
Distance learning was just extended to May 4th, with stay-at-home orders issued. Joy
Locked Previous topicNext topic