Shelter in place doesn't mean you can't go outside

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have seen more people doing outside activities than ever before. People riding bikes with their kids, kids playing outside..it used to be so empty and now weather permitting it's not.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:41 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 am It is confusing. Historically, it did mean stay in your dwelling. It was the order we heard during natural disasters, such as tornadoes.
Everything I've seen and read says to go outside . It's not hard to understand at all
Yes, great wise one, everything you have seen & read this past month states something similar.

BUT if you HISTORICALLY had sheltered in place, as defined take shelter in your home, do NOT go outside, for YEARS previously during tornado season watches & warnings -- and they all suddenly, officials using identical terminology yet, it means something different -- ffs, how can you not understand the confusion for some people?

Sorry, I'm grumpy today.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:50 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:19 pm How are they monitoring this? I've not heard of limit place on the number of times one may go out for these things.

You get passes.
Is there someone waiting at my door to take the pass when I exercise? How does that work, is it only if you are stopped you need to hand it over? Not sure how they can monitor even with passes. I can see grocery shopping but exercise I just cannot see. What happens if you need to go to two different stores?
I don't know, but it sure sounds like some handmaidens tale type shit.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:55 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 am It is confusing. Historically, it did mean stay in your dwelling. It was the order we heard during natural disasters, such as tornadoes.
Everything I've seen and read says to go outside . It's not hard to understand at all
Yes, great wise one, everything you have seen & read this past month states something similar.

BUT if you HISTORICALLY had sheltered in place, as defined take shelter in your home, do NOT go outside, for YEARS previously during tornado season watches & warnings -- and they all suddenly, officials using identical terminology yet, it means something different -- ffs, how can you not understand the confusion for some people?

Sorry, I'm grumpy today.
Because unless you live under a rock you know what is being said. Unless you are stupid.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Sorry, I'm grumpy today.
Because unless you live under a rock you know what is being said. Unless you are stupid.
Of course, wise, kind compassionate one, the 80 year old neighbor is the stupid one, always. Your understanding of diverse thought is something to be marveled at... ;) :lol:
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It is only confusing if you only have one working brain cell.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:12 pm
It is only confusing if you only have one working brain cell.
Of course, I hope you have more meaning to your life, feeling smarter & better than others, especially the elderly. Good day to you!
Anonymous 7

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:35 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Sorry, I'm grumpy today.
Of course, wise, kind compassionate one, the 80 year old neighbor is the stupid one, always. Your understanding of diverse thought is something to be marveled at... ;) :lol:
I understand elderly people. People on this website, no.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We've had temps in the upper 60s the past 2 days and there has been so much outdoor activity in my neighborhood. I don't know if it's more because it's finally nice outside or if it's because of the stay at home order, but I imagine a little bit of both.
Locked Previous topicNext topic