Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:37 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:58 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:40 pm

$30.00 an hour times 50 hours a week is 1500.00 not 1200.00
24.00 an hour times 50 hours a week is 1200.00
Correct? Unless Im missing something and math has changed, lol
I was going to suggest 30 an hour also
Nope. You're both incorrect unless she's basing that on a salaried week. I'm not sure a nanny can be classified as Exempt from OT.

$30 x 40= $1200.00 Base Rate
$30 x 1.5= $45 Overtime Rate
$45 x 10= $450 Overtime @ 10 hours
$1200.00 + $450= $1650/week
Most of my friends, do not adhere to "traditional" overtime, if they do, they would calculate it equal what they want to pay in total, so less per hour for the first 40, would be less than the 30 dollars, for example.
Do they go through an agency?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:47 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:58 pm

Nope. You're both incorrect unless she's basing that on a salaried week. I'm not sure a nanny can be classified as Exempt from OT.

$30 x 40= $1200.00 Base Rate
$30 x 1.5= $45 Overtime Rate
$45 x 10= $450 Overtime @ 10 hours
$1200.00 + $450= $1650/week
Most of my friends, do not adhere to "traditional" overtime, if they do, they would calculate it equal what they want to pay in total, so less per hour for the first 40, would be less than the 30 dollars, for example.
No, most people here do not go through an agency. Majority do their own background checks, and develop their own contracts. We interviewed 20+ potential nannies which we found through networking & care.com. It would have been up to us, to pay taxes, social security, and set the wages/benefits, draw up the legal contract, etc. That was what most of our friends recommended. Although, a couple recommended just paying them cash, which I know is common place, but I think it's a bad idea.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:53 pm

No, most people here do not go through an agency. Majority do their own background checks, and develop their own contracts. We interviewed 20+ potential nannies which we found through networking & care.com. It would have been up to us, to pay taxes, social security, and set the wages/benefits, draw up the legal contract, etc. That was what most of our friends recommended. Although, a couple recommended just paying them cash, which I know is common place, but I think it's a bad idea.
https://www.thebalance.com/preparing-to ... ax-3544887
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

$20 an hour during a pandemic. Take it or leave it.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:02 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:53 pm

https://www.thebalance.com/preparing-to ... ax-3544887
Cool, looks like interesting info. Fortunately my need for nanny days are over!!!!
Anonymous 6

Unread post

$25-40 an hour based off of experience
Deleted User 670

Unread post

A nanny is not the family chief, personal assistant or maid. A nanny is in charge of the kids during the day period. If I were offered that job, I'd tell the parent that I am a nanny to the kids. The parents will make dinner for the family when they get home. If they want a fulltime maid, nanny and cook then I would expect to be paid $200 an hour, because that's a lot of work.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm You are working from home during the pandemic and hire a nanny for 50 hours a week. You live in a city and make a high income for your area. Median income is $35,000, you make over $200,000. Your kids are 1, 3, and 10. The nannies responsibilities include:

- Caring for the children throughout the day, including bathing, dressing, teeth brushing, the younger two are both in diapers
- Supervising the 10 year old while he does his online school curriculum, which includes two hours of project based assignments that require adult assistance, while still caring for the younger two
- Continuing preschool curriculum with three year old
- Providing three hours of planned outdoor activities a day (soccer, walks, trips to parks (no playgrounds), etc)
- Making three balanced meals for the whole family
- Doing all dishes and cleaning areas used by the children
- Making the grocery lists and running errands (like groceries, car wash) with the kids
- The younger two nap at different times and there should be constant activities planned for the ten year old, so there are no breaks
- No more than 15 minutes of tv time a day

How much would you pay per hour for this?

Added: this isn't me. Someone wants to hire my sister in law to do these things and they want to pay her 10 dollars an hour. I told her they were crazy and she said maybe it's just how much childcare costs and I just overpay, but I don't think so.

No breaks for the 10yo? What the hell?

I'd say... $1000/week, at least.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm You are working from home during the pandemic and hire a nanny for 50 hours a week. You live in a city and make a high income for your area. Median income is $35,000, you make over $200,000. Your kids are 1, 3, and 10. The nannies responsibilities include:

- Caring for the children throughout the day, including bathing, dressing, teeth brushing, the younger two are both in diapers
- Supervising the 10 year old while he does his online school curriculum, which includes two hours of project based assignments that require adult assistance, while still caring for the younger two
- Continuing preschool curriculum with three year old
- Providing three hours of planned outdoor activities a day (soccer, walks, trips to parks (no playgrounds), etc)
- Making three balanced meals for the whole family
- Doing all dishes and cleaning areas used by the children
- Making the grocery lists and running errands (like groceries, car wash) with the kids
- The younger two nap at different times and there should be constant activities planned for the ten year old, so there are no breaks
- No more than 15 minutes of tv time a day

How much would you pay per hour for this?

Added: this isn't me. Someone wants to hire my sister in law to do these things and they want to pay her 10 dollars an hour. I told her they were crazy and she said maybe it's just how much childcare costs and I just overpay, but I don't think so.

No breaks for the 10yo? What the hell?

I'd say... $1000/week, at least.
No breaks for the nanny. Some of the activities can be more laid back for the kids, but it's still work for the nanny.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

At 40hrs a week that is $400 that is decent money for that, imo.
Locked Previous topicNext topic