How much would you pay for this?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

You are working from home during the pandemic and hire a nanny for 50 hours a week. You live in a city and make a high income for your area. Median income is $35,000, you make over $200,000. Your kids are 1, 3, and 10. The nannies responsibilities include:

- Caring for the children throughout the day, including bathing, dressing, teeth brushing, the younger two are both in diapers
- Supervising the 10 year old while he does his online school curriculum, which includes two hours of project based assignments that require adult assistance, while still caring for the younger two
- Continuing preschool curriculum with three year old
- Providing three hours of planned outdoor activities a day (soccer, walks, trips to parks (no playgrounds), etc)
- Making three balanced meals for the whole family
- Doing all dishes and cleaning areas used by the children
- Making the grocery lists and running errands (like groceries, car wash) with the kids
- The younger two nap at different times and there should be constant activities planned for the ten year old, so there are no breaks
- No more than 15 minutes of tv time a day

How much would you pay per hour for this?

Added: this isn't me. Someone wants to hire my sister in law to do these things and they want to pay her 10 dollars an hour. I told her they were crazy and she said maybe it's just how much childcare costs and I just overpay, but I don't think so.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So you/they are looking for someone to partially raise the children? How much to you think a parent is worth?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

A nanny is not meant to be your cook and housekeeper. I paid the last nanny I had $25 an hour. My housekeeper makes about $30 an hour. I’ve never had a cook.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You basically want a house wife. LOL You couldn't pay me enough but that's worth at least half of your damn salary.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That does not sound like a reasonable amount of work for one person.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

$75 an hour
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Is having dependable transportation a requirement or is the parent providing that?
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You expect a lot with no breaks
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think you have pipe dreams...
You expect several hours of homeschooling for a 10 year old PLUS an extra 2 hours of project based stuff..
THREE hours of ECA that she plans daily during a pandemic.
Preschool work for one kid
Caring for a kid in diapers
Cooking three meals per day for ALL of you
Doing YOUR housework
Running YOUR errands
AND... to make it better, the 10 year old gets NO break at all in his/her life.
Not only do you have pipe dreams, you sound like a horrible parent/troll.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I feel like someone is trying to find their monetary value as a stay at home mother through this post.
Locked Previous topicNext topic