Child support ruling.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:37 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:02 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:01 pm

$33 a week? He must be a bum. And he still has a baby in diapers and is already married to someone else? Real winner. Does he have children with your daughter yet?
He isn't a bum. He works unlike her mother. He makes $10hr. And they split up when their 3 years old was 2 months old because her mother cheated on him with her friends brother and left him for that brother who she is still with. He also doesn't work and they live with his parents. He takes care of his child. Was doing more until she decided she wanted a court order.
So the judge ordered your son to pay 8% of his gross earnings to support his child? Wow! A good father would make sure his kid had what it needed to thrive regardless of what he thought of the mother. If she doesn't work who exactly is supporting the child because 33 bucks a month isn't even going to feel the kid.
He has joint custody.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Get a job! Geez.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Is this a joke? I hope you are a troll.

Get a job.

In my state minimum wage would be calculated for you full time.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:19 pm
mojogirl wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:17 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:49 pm
Moms a deadbeat too because that is more than she does. She doesn't work, her boyfriend doesn't work, they live with his parents
Are you seriously giving your son in law a pass because the child's mother is a deadbeat too?! Poor kid, too pathetic parents who can't support them.
And if mom is such a deadbeat why hasn't her SIL filed for full custody of the girl to give her a proper roof and great care. Though I suspect it is because SIL is in no better position.
It's hoodie
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:50 pm
mojogirl wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:17 am

Are you seriously giving your son in law a pass because the child's mother is a deadbeat too?! Poor kid, too pathetic parents who can't support them.
And if mom is such a deadbeat why hasn't her SIL filed for full custody of the girl to give her a proper roof and great care. Though I suspect it is because SIL is in no better position.
It's hoodie
Oh I know. That’s why I said he is no better position since he and her daughter and baby live with her.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:52 pm

It's hoodie
Oh I know. That’s why I said he is no better position since he and her daughter and baby live with her.
My God, is there no end to her trashy drama?!?
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:56 pm

It's hoodie
No!! And she is the one moving from one dump to another so I'm sure those posts will start soon.
Sassyfrass01
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Your ex was you nothing, you aren't his responsibility anymore, so yes you need to go get a job to support yourself and your child.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

That's really a shame that he's not seeing his kids much. :( I'm sorry for you and for your kids that this is the case. And actually, I'm sorry for him. One day, I'm thinking he will regret that he lost out on all this time with his kids. :(
Anonymous 10 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:56 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:53 am I don't know anything about how support is calculated. But fairness tells me that support (whether it be for a woman or it be for a man) should be based on a 40 hour work week. That's just my initial gut feeling. Of course, I'm open to being schooled on this subject, too.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:49 pm My ex works 50-70 hours a week. I don't work.

Yesterday the judge ruled that my ex only has to pay based on 40 hours a week.

Before we went to court my ex said he would pay for a my car payment and half my rent.

Now he said since we went to court he will just pay what he has to. He also wants the car back that I have been driving . Its in his name and he wants it back.

The judge told me to get a job....no

What can I do?
I think a lot of factors need to be taken into consideration. If the guy is working 70 hours a week and never seeing his children due to that then perhaps child support should be higher since the custodial parent's costs are going to be pretty much 100%. In my case, my children's father chooses to work the hours he works and hasn't seen his kids in a couple years. The judge ordered him to pay a percentage of each pay cheque, regardless of hours, because he chooses to make more money rather than see his kids.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:28 pm
That'swhatshesaid wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:56 pm

No!! And she is the one moving from one dump to another so I'm sure those posts will start soon.
Are there places in NY state where you can rent a 4/2 for $525 a month?
Locked Previous topicNext topic