What are the liquor laws in your state?

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:09 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:21 am
carterscutie85 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:14 am It seems to go by city here. I can sell alcohol before noon on a Sunday at my job, but if I sub at a location in a city about 20 minutes from me I cannot sell before noon. It's weird. My job doesn't sell liquor during certain overnight times. I think it's 2-6 or somewhere around there but other than being 21 there's no rule against selling unless we suspect a person is intoxicated or under the influence of other drugs.

We also cannot sell if we see a minor picking out the alcohol, or if someone without an I.D. touched it. We have to I.D. everyone who touches it and that applies to other controlled substances like certain OTC things as well.
One time going into staples to buy those dust air cans. The lady told me she almost wasn't going to sell them to me. Because I had Kidlet in tow. Which shocked me. Something to do with teens using them to inhale. I didn't even know it was a thing.
I didn't either until I started working my job and they told us. I didn't even know about half the stuff they make to use drugs until I started working at a pharmacy.

There's a drug called Sleepinal we started restricting and I called it before we ever started restricting it. I knew not that many people had trouble sleeping that they needed to come buy 10-20 at once every day lol. I made a comment that it would more than likely be restricted soon and sure enough it is now because they were cutting illegal drugs with it. Idk if that's a law but it's our policy.
I had known about people using sudafed for making meth. Which was about it. That is the extent of my drug knowledge. Hell, years ago after ZZZQuil came out I noticed they kept it under lock&key. Even the generic version. I remember having someone have to open the box to hand it to me. I mean they don't lock down melatonin.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They’re pretty loose in the actual city of Detroit. In after hours clubs you can drink till the sun comes up. It’s not exactly legal but it’s been going on forever. The real law is till 2 am and you can’t buy from a store before noon on Sundays. Other than that it doesn’t seem that strict here. You can even legally buy 6 packs of beer at the bar before you leave. At least you could when I worked in bars.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Stupid is what I'd call them. Years ago my husband was buying some beer at a regular store and the young kid at the register said he (my husband) would have to push the button to complete the sale. We looked at each other and said, "do what?" He said that because he wasn't 21 that technically he couldn't finalized the transaction even though he had rung it up and one of us would have to push that final button. Now that IS stupid. As far as IDs, I've been asked for ID even though I'm clearly over 21. Just plain dumb.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:34 pm Stupid is what I'd call them. Years ago my husband was buying some beer at a regular store and the young kid at the register said he (my husband) would have to push the button to complete the sale. We looked at each other and said, "do what?" He said that because he wasn't 21 that technically he couldn't finalized the transaction even though he had rung it up and one of us would have to push that final button. Now that IS stupid. As far as IDs, I've been asked for ID even though I'm clearly over 21. Just plain dumb.
I know the law here is if you look under 26 they ask for ID. I always take it as a compliment. I'm 43 and look young enough to get ID'ed.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Same. And some counties are dry.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:30 pm Same. And some counties are dry.
This is a list of countries where alcohol is illegal, but the one's in bold are where alcohol is still available to some in certain, private situations:

Afghanistan
Bangladesh

Brunei
India
Indonesia

Iran
Kuwait
Libya
Maldives
Mauritania
Pakistan
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Somalia

Sudan
United Arab Emirates
Yemen
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Our grocery stores are just NOW, allowed to sell alcohol, like wine coolers and seltzer like drinks with higher concentrations of alcohol, BUT NO LIQUOR or WINE, STILL! ugh, so annoying. And we have to wait until noon on Sundays.

However, I think we, as parents, can give alcohol to our children in "private non alcohol-selling premises" LOL, as long as we buy it at designated places.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:34 pm Stupid is what I'd call them. Years ago my husband was buying some beer at a regular store and the young kid at the register said he (my husband) would have to push the button to complete the sale. We looked at each other and said, "do what?" He said that because he wasn't 21 that technically he couldn't finalized the transaction even though he had rung it up and one of us would have to push that final button. Now that IS stupid. As far as IDs, I've been asked for ID even though I'm clearly over 21. Just plain dumb.
Here theyt ID if you look likeyou could be under 30. The drinking age here is 19. I love getting carded, lol. What i don't like is when the kid at hte liquor store looks at my licence and says "Oh...you're the same age as my MOM".
Anonymous 4

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:39 pm
I know the law here is if you look under 26 they ask for ID. I always take it as a compliment. I'm 43 and look young enough to get ID'ed.
Around here you have to show id no matter what age you are.
My 71 year old mother still gets carded.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:56 am Our grocery stores are just NOW, allowed to sell alcohol, like wine coolers and seltzer like drinks with higher concentrations of alcohol, BUT NO LIQUOR or WINE, STILL! ugh, so annoying. And we have to wait until noon on Sundays.

However, I think we, as parents, can give alcohol to our children in "private non alcohol-selling premises" LOL, as long as we buy it at designated places.
If I remember correctly we live in the same state. I let my kids try wine and other stuff from time to time. I don't let them drink on a regular basis or anything. But if I pour myself a glass of wine and they ask; I will let them have a taste. I don't want it to be taboo for them. Of course, they are all teenagers. So far, so good. None of them have tried to drink anywhere else but home and only what we allow. It just doesn't appeal to them at all.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic