Lying about where dead people go

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:26 pm I'm starting to believe our lives on earth are the hell, living through our tests and earning our way into heaven.
That is how I feel.

For me I believe hubby is in heaven watching over me as my guardian angel. I also ascribe to the "pennies from heaven" poem.

The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:22 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:47 pm Well... according to my beliefs there is a heaven, but not a hell. At least not the Christian version of hell that’s vengeful and eternal.
That's really weird. I wonder why Christianity is different.
Because Jesus needed to save their souls from something when he died.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Whatever helps people grieve and feel more at ease with death; it's a difficult time.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:36 am
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:58 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:54 am Well, there is a “hell”, but it’s a state of cleansing and it’s temporary. Judaism also believes in reincarnation.
I guess one of the best examples I heard of the Jewish idea of an afterlife is that you should imagine you earn an all expense trip to a luxury resort with your partner. There’s no TV, phones or internet, nothing to distract you from spending all that time with your partner. Now, if before that trip you have worked on that relationship, nurtured and bonded with your partner, it’s like you’re in “heaven”, but if your relationship has been neglectful, you haven’t worked on it, have ignored your partner, then it’s going to be “hell”. Obviously this is analogy of us and G-d.
A rabbi also once told us that it’s like a theatre, where you will see the most amazing show ever. Our deeds determine our seat in the theatre. Good deeds, improving yourself, forming a relationship with G-d give you a better seat, transgressions and just cruising by in life will give you worst seats. So ultimately we all end up in the same “place”, we watch the same “show” but how we experience that show and whether we enjoy it or hate it depends on what seats we “earned in life.

Thank you Mom. That is a really interesting view. :)
It reminds me of the Catholics version of Purgatory. People go there for cleansing before they go to heaven. I guess Peter and the other apostles were influenced by their former Jewish beliefs and passed them onto Paul. A good book is The Great Divorce by CS Lewis. In order to get to heaven people have to face uncomfortable truths about themselves. Many refuse and return to hell.
That sounds like a very interesting read PJ.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:54 am Well, there is a “hell”, but it’s a state of cleansing and it’s temporary. Judaism also believes in reincarnation.
I guess one of the best examples I heard of the Jewish idea of an afterlife is that you should imagine you earn an all expense trip to a luxury resort with your partner. There’s no TV, phones or internet, nothing to distract you from spending all that time with your partner. Now, if before that trip you have worked on that relationship, nurtured and bonded with your partner, it’s like you’re in “heaven”, but if your relationship has been neglectful, you haven’t worked on it, have ignored your partner, then it’s going to be “hell”. Obviously this is analogy of us and G-d.
A rabbi also once told us that it’s like a theatre, where you will see the most amazing show ever. Our deeds determine our seat in the theatre. Good deeds, improving yourself, forming a relationship with G-d give you a better seat, transgressions and just cruising by in life will give you worst seats. So ultimately we all end up in the same “place”, we watch the same “show” but how we experience that show and whether we enjoy it or hate it depends on what seats we “earned in life.

It reminds me of the Catholics version of Purgatory. People go there for cleansing before they go to heaven. I guess Peter and the other apostles were influenced by their former Jewish beliefs and passed them onto Paul. A good book is The Great Divorce by CS Lewis. In order to get to heaven people have to face uncomfortable truths about themselves. Many refuse and return to hell.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:32 pm

It is. The narrator starts out in hell which appears to be much like say..Newark NJ. A gray ugly town. They can take a bus to heaven. Once there they realize they are ghosts and furthermore they can't even bend the grass so walking is painful. They're met by people they knew in life who tells them the process- walk towards the mountains and as you face your darkest nature you become more and more solid. But facing yourself isn't always easy. I'm not religious but for seeing what can hold you back it was a good read. The author is the one who wrote the Narnia series.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Does it matter?
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm Mormon. We believe in three levels of heaven and outer darkness.
i want candy!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In most concepts, Judaism and Christianity are very different.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:47 pm Well... according to my beliefs there is a heaven, but not a hell. At least not the Christian version of hell that’s vengeful and eternal.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:12 pm In most concepts, Judaism and Christianity are very different.
In some ways i think Catholicism and Judaism are similar. We have rituals and fasting days. Also the idea of atonement and cleansing in the afterlife. But it would make sense since Peter and John were former Jews. I think Jesus brought his message foremost to Jews- he says as much at one point- with the idea that they would continue in the religion. But while Peter and Paul went to preach to Gentiles and left Judaism it probably didn't leave them kwim?
Locked Previous topicNext topic