Am I a jerk for doing this?

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't even like GS or BS hanging out at stores asking for donations or to buy their stuff.. I would be annoyed by someone asking me to buy a candy bar while sitting down to eat in a restaurant.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wouldn’t call you a jerk but I wouldn’t have said anything
Anonymous 14

Unread post

Ya you're a jerk. There was no reason to to complain about it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The kid really should not have been allowed to do that in the first place. But if he approached me just once I would've just said "no thank you" and let it go. If he approached me again a second time I would've been more likely to say something to someone.

But either way I don't think you were a jerk. People like me (who are hesitant to create conflict) appreciate people like you speaking up in certain situations.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't have told anyone, unless he kept bothering you. You said no thanks, and he walked away. He wasn't hurting anything.

Anonymous 15

Unread post

Yes, you were a jerk for saying something.
Anonymous 16

Unread post

I would have just said no thank you or bought one if I wanted to and moved on with my night.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We have a neighbor in our subdivision who takes things upon herself. If you asked her she would no doubt reply that it was for the betterment of us all.

I loving refer to her as the "No Fun Governor". lol. This takes on that flavor.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

People should not be interrupted by a stranger to be sold anything. I would have said something too.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No! I've encountered kids selling candy bars in parking lots and I think it's a scam. I've read about people dropping off kids to harass people in this way and it's just not right. I would have complained to the manager-any manager worth his salt would put a stop to it. I would never have tolerated that. Even if it was a legit sale no parent should allow that to happen.
Locked Previous topicNext topic