What do you think matters most in life when you die?

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:08 pm How you treat everyone you encounter throughout your lifetime. And I'm a horrible person too. I'm mean, rude, impatient and bat shit crazy. I'm an unlovable peice of trash. Good for nothing. Getting so hard to control my temper as I age..
It's good to know I'm not alone. Thank you.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

May sound cliche, but the life that was lived and the person that you were during the time you were alive.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I loved my family & friends and was loved in return. I worked hard, contributedl/donated to important causes and volunteered in my community. I played hard, traveled and lived life to the fullest.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How I treated others, and the kind of person I am. And my family. My children. Did I raise them to be good people? Did I do my job right? Those are the things that matter.

Anonymous 10

Unread post

π‘΅π’π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’Šπ’Ž 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That my children will remember me as a loving, protective Mother who would do anything for them.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

That someone would smile when they think of me because I did/said something that was positive in their life. That my kids remember me and aren’t a**holes to others because they remember how I tried to raise them. That is what is important to me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: ↑Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:34 am If I made one person's life a bit better by existing- if he or she is glad they knew me then I'll be happy.
Well I'm happy for it. Your advice in some topics I've posted have really hit home to were they've made me change my thoughts, letting go of some serious hurt and trauma. Trying to work through it so you've made a difference in my life :)
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:20 pm
Pjmm wrote: ↑Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:34 am If I made one person's life a bit better by existing- if he or she is glad they knew me then I'll be happy.
Well I'm happy for it. Your advice in some topics I've posted have really hit home to were they've made me change my thoughts, letting go of some serious hurt and trauma. Trying to work through it so you've made a difference in my life :)
Well thank you! It's good to hear that first thing in the morning. You can always pm me if you want. If not I'm glad to hear I've helped.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Having your affairs in order before you die.

OK, I know that's not what you were really looking for, but if you die without your affairs in order it can be a real burden on those left behind. I am currently seeing it in two different situations in my workplace. One client has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and they are scrambling to get everything sorted out legally before she dies. Another had failing health for the past couple years and last week went into the hospital with pneumonia and died overnight. Both these clients own businesses and properties so there is a lot legally to take care of. The second one especially really didn't have things lined up well to deal with her death with the business and the properties. Now her son and DIL have been in our office talking with the CPA to try to figure out what they need to do.

It just makes me sad because they should be able to focus on mourning and celebrating her life and instead they feel a bit rushed to try to figure out how to deal with all this legal crap. It's really not a great legacy to leave behind for your loved ones.
Locked Previous topicNext topic