Drug addiction choice or not

Anon drugs

Unread post

A lot of people think it isn't a choice. I disagree. Anyone over the age of 12 knows drugs are bad. They are addictive. You may not have a choice once you become addicted but the addiction itself was a choice. You choose to do drugs that lead to the addiction.

The reason I have never been addicted to drugs is because I CHOOSE to not do drugs. In my youth, in the past I have been around people who did drugs and they were offered to me but i always turned them down.

The only exception to the rule that I believe maybe pill addiction . Pain pills addiction is bad around here. I can see that starting due to an injury. Or people being addicted to nerve pills. But addiction to drugs like coke, crank, meth, crack, heroin etc I believe all starts with a choice.

Wdyt?

Unread post

Taking the drug in the first place is absolutely a choice.

The addiction part is not a choice but getting started is

I don't feel bad for druggies. They put themselves into that position
Anon drugs

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:54 am Taking the drug in the first place is absolutely a choice.

The addiction part is not a choice but getting started is

I don't feel bad for druggies. They put themselves into that position

Exactly. I have no sympathy for drug addicts
Anon drugs

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:59 am https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addictive_personality
Ok so let say I believe in that. Why put yourself in the position to begin with. So you have an addictive personality. You're at a party. You see coke. A smart person would be like ok. it is time to go. . It is still a choice .

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:59 am https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addictive_personality
This is not an excuse. I have addictive personality too. That is why I would never ever ever consider doing any type of drug.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think using drugs is a choice
But addiction is not.
I feel that way about any addiction, I have sympathy for anyone who is addicted
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anon drugs

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:11 am I think using drugs is a choice
But addiction is not.
I feel that way about any addiction, I have sympathy for anyone who is addicted

I don't have any sympathy for drug addicts. They choose to put themselves in that position. Most everybody knows doing drugs can lead to addiction. So why do them in the first place .
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

People get hooked on prescribed pills and that can roll into street drugs like heroin.

But shit like crack, meth, etc... Yeah, that's on them for even trying it, but they may be using to self medicate an underlying mental health problem. Drug addiction and mental illness go hand in hand.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. Unless someone held a gun to your head you made the choice to take street drugs or buy pills not prescribed to you. You caused your own addiction.

Like you I grew up around drugs and I have never taken something not prescribed to me because I know it's a slippery slope. I understand being in extreme pain and being desperate for relief but how many people are and still don't use drugs? You have no one to blame but yourself the minute you reach for something illegal or not prescribed to you if it leads to addiction.
Locked Previous topicNext topic