If you leave a Keurig in the staff break room expect it to be used by others.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A newer girl at my work brought in a Keurig and she leaves it in the break room. I've used it many times because i love coffee. I always use my own K cups. Many people use it.

She put up a sign saying it was for her use only. I just ignore the sign. She saw me this morning and got really pissed off. She told me not to touch her property. I told her to remove it from the counter in the break room if she doesn't want others to use it. Anything on the counter is free game for anyone to use. The microwave is for everyone, the toaster is for anyone, the other coffee maker is for everyone and if her Keurig is left there people are going to use it.

She went and complained about it and I am pretty sure my boss told her something I similar because the Keurig is still there but the sign is gone. :lol: she can always keep it in her locker
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, you're a horrible co-worker.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:59 pm Well, you're a horrible co-worker.
How exactly? I think putting something on the counter in the staff break room and expecting to be the only one to use it makes someone a worse coworker.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sigh...
i want candy!
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

There are so few times in life when one person is all right and the other is all wrong. But this is exactly that. If you leave a Keurig out on the counter in the break room, it is for everyone to use. Period.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

usually the office will purchase one. perhaps you two could team up and ask the manager/boss to do that.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 1

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:03 pm usually the office will purchase one. perhaps you two could team up and ask the manager/boss to do that.
The unit isn't going to buy one.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:02 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:59 pm Well, you're a horrible co-worker.
How exactly? I think putting something on the counter in the staff break room and expecting to be the only one to use it makes someone a worse coworker.
It's her property. It would be one thing if she got mad at people for using it when they didn't know better, but she specifically asked you not to and you ignored her. There is no reason for you to have to use her property, if you love coffee so much, get your own. She shouldn't have to store the thing away and set it up every time she is making herself coffee just because you won't learn to keep your hands off. At my husband's job, one of his coworkers keeps a water kettle in the break room. Another keeps a blender because they eat smoothies for lunch. Everyone else respects their property and don't use them without asking first.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So If I leave 100 $1 bills on the counter then I should EXPECT my co workers to take 1 here or there? Nope, sorry. The courteous thing to do would be to ASK if she minded that you use it. Her note was equally snarky but it is HER machine. If the UNIT won’t buy one then the unit needs to use the coffee pot provided for that use.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't have used it, but then again I don't drink coffee lol.

Anything left on the kitchen counters here is for anyone to use and you cant be mad if somebody does. Community counter space is not the place for your personal property.
Locked Previous topicNext topic