What is the Point of Dating When It Seems Most Relationships Are Unhappy or End in Failure?

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:33 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 pm I guess another question is, what's the point of loving someone if they're just going to die and leave you by yourself.
Exactly.
No point at all
My God and I thought I was cynical. Because loving someone can bring out the very best in who you are. I'm not talking just romantic love. We love our children, friends and family knowing that one day they could leave us, especially children. But we do it. We do it because usually being alone causes bitterness, depression and the soul to shrivel up. with love comes joy, life and fun. Yeah maybe it ends. But if you're richer for the experience that's what matters. And I'm divorced for the love of God. That hurt like hell too. I don't mind being single. I'm free and that's great. But being bitter and cynical is a problem.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

If you don’t see the point, you’ve never found that just right person for you. Maybe you will, maybe you won’t.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:57 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 pm I guess another question is, what's the point of loving someone if they're just going to die and leave you by yourself.
Exactly.
No point at all
My God and I thought I was cynical. Because loving someone can bring out the very best in who you are. I'm not talking just romantic love. We love our children, friends and family knowing that one day they could leave us, especially children. But we do it. We do it because usually being alone causes bitterness, depression and the soul to shrivel up. with love comes joy, life and fun. Yeah maybe it ends. But if you're richer for the experience that's what matters. And I'm divorced for the love of God. That hurt like hell too. I don't mind being single. I'm free and that's great. But being bitter and cynical is a problem.
I’m enjoying my life in ways I never imagined possible.
I love my kids, friends and family. That doesn’t feel like a risk, because I’m a better person for loving them and having them in my life. If I lost them I’d cherish those memories

After 2 divorces, my attitude on relationships is eh. Kinda waste of my time. I’m not bitter. I’m realistic from my experiences
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Exactly.
No point at all
I love my kids, friends and family. That doesn’t feel like a risk, because I’m a better person for loving them and having them in my life. If I lost them I’d cherish those memories

After 2 divorces, my attitude on relationships is eh. Kinda waste of my time. I’m not bitter. I’m realistic from my experiences
Well anon said what's the point of loving someone they're going to die. But really eventually that's going to happen with any relationship or friendship. Nothing lasts forever. I'm not looking for a romance but if it happens I won't say no. Because it could be the best thing to happen to me whether it ends or not.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:20 pm
Bubbs wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Well anon said what's the point of loving someone they're going to die. But really eventually that's going to happen with any relationship or friendship. Nothing lasts forever. I'm not looking for a romance but if it happens I won't say no. Because it could be the best thing to happen to me whether it ends or not.
I would say no to romance and run LOL
Endings hurt and I figured I felt enough of that kind of pain for a lifetime. I’m told it’s a phase, but I’m still pretty much hating men still.
I try not to dwell on death, because if I do I could easily slowly remove feelings from most relationships and distance myself as a form of self preservation & I know it’s not healthy.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:11 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 pm Hope is one of the most powerful things in the universe.
It lends strength when there is none. Its the pinprick of light in an otherwise dark world.

People have hope that they'll one day find the right one.

That's the point of it all.
Hope is dangerous
I agree.
and attempting to date is dangerous too
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If I were thrust back into the dating pool I would see it as “trying before you buy”.

I don’t understand why dating doesn’t mean just that. Dating isn’t an exclusive commitment such as engagement or marriage, it’s dating...if the relationship isn’t working what is lost? You either move on or you swear off men.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Most people learn from failed relationships and can try to make a new one work based off what they learn. I wanted kids and a partner but I understand wanting to be alone.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think there’s someone for everyone.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You can’t believe that?
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:40 pm I think there’s someone for everyone.
Locked Previous topicNext topic