Do happily married women talk about divorce?

Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

In my actual marriage, it hasn’t come up. In context with friends, we have talked about divorce and if we would be okay after it or death happened.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My husband and I have discussed the potential financial benefits of a divorce on paper. Other than that, really no.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:26 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:06 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Thats what i thought. My VP mentioned divorce twice yesterday in regards to her marriage.
Has she tried to portray herself as a happily married woman?
She looked happy. Mentions her husband often enough for a corporate setting. "My husband and i did... " type stuff.

Then yesterday we're sitting around during happy hour and she said something like i should have divorced him years ago. then mentioned it again.

Mostly just curious
Sitting around during happy hour. She was drinking?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I know that when I was happily married, divorce never entered my mind. Once I was unhappy in my marriage, divorce entered my mind . I'm thinking of leaving very soon.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I've been married for 23 years and there have been several times that I have talked about the idea of divorce with close friends. I would say that my husband and I are very happily married but there have been challenging times.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:53 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:26 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:06 pm

Has she tried to portray herself as a happily married woman?
She looked happy. Mentions her husband often enough for a corporate setting. "My husband and i did... " type stuff.

Then yesterday we're sitting around during happy hour and she said something like i should have divorced him years ago. then mentioned it again.

Mostly just curious
Sitting around during happy hour. She was drinking?
No. She didn't drink at all. We had a Valentine's day happy hour at work yesterday.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’ve said it many, many times over the years. To other people and to my husband, we’re 29 years in.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I talk about my brother's recent divorce occasionally.
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Dh and I occasionally joke about it. Last week, we were at Disney and I was done with how busy it was and said that I never wanted to go back. He said that he did. I told him that he could go with his next wife, because it wouldn't be with me. We chuckled and moved on.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If the topic comes up, sure. But then, I have an opinion about everything and will talk about anything. There's many, many things that I've hypothesized about with friends even though I have no immediate intention of personally doing them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic