Do happily married women talk about divorce?

Deleted User 172

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:06 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:03 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:00 pm We talked about friends who were divorcing. But it wasn't something that we talked about for ourselves.
Thats what i thought. My VP mentioned divorce twice yesterday in regards to her marriage.
Has she tried to portray herself as a happily married woman?
She looked happy. Mentions her husband often enough for a corporate setting. "My husband and i did... " type stuff.

Then yesterday we're sitting around during happy hour and she said something like i should have divorced him years ago. then mentioned it again.

Mostly just curious
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:23 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:12 pm Your context is a bit vague.

But no, but as a happily married woman, I don't walk around talking about wanting or getting a divorce. I do, on occasion, comment share my opinions on others who divorce or about feelings about divorce in general.
As in talk about divorce for their own relationship. I get talking about it in the non personal sort of way.
I didnt. Closest we ever got was the celebrities we were allowed to have a night with, no questions asked. He had one and I did too. I think he said he couldn't handle seeing me with another woman in bed. That was it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:23 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:12 pm Your context is a bit vague.

But no, but as a happily married woman, I don't walk around talking about wanting or getting a divorce. I do, on occasion, comment share my opinions on others who divorce or about feelings about divorce in general.
As in talk about divorce for their own relationship. I get talking about it in the non personal sort of way.
Idk, maybe for some, emotions are similar to those of motherhood. I think many of us get to a point (whether we share these feelings or not) of wanting walk away from parenting because our children are demonstrating behaviors that are incongruent to everything we have taught and tried to model for them. Those are dark days. But a new day comes and I think majority of us are still "happy mothers".

Maybe your boss was having a bad marital day, *shrugs*
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:26 pm

Thats what i thought. My VP mentioned divorce twice yesterday in regards to her marriage.
She looked happy. Mentions her husband often enough for a corporate setting. "My husband and i did... " type stuff.

Then yesterday we're sitting around during happy hour and she said something like i should have divorced him years ago. then mentioned it again.

Mostly just curious
Guess it's not so happy after all. Maybe there have been some problems all along and she was hiding it but is tired of pretending. Did she mention anything specific?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:26 pm

Mostly just curious
She's probably having regrets of some sort. Depending on how well I knew her I'd probably be like "okay.. well... say what do you think of Trump's latest tweet? " if I knew her well then I'd ask more of course
Anonymous 2

Unread post

As a hypothetical conversation, yes. Not seriously.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My best friend talked about it before she was even married, lol. She’s happy with him...today anyway.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DH and I have kind of joked about it. Like if we see what friends are going through in the dating world he'll say "Please don't leave me, I don't want to have to do that again." Or I'll say something like "Let's never get divorced." It's all in jest. We've never talked seriously about divorce because we don't seriously feel like we are at a point like that in our marriage.

Now I will have what LiveWhatULove referred to as a "bad marital day". That happens and it gets me thinking about divorce, but it never goes beyond that. No relationship is perfect and there are going to be bad days, bad weeks, bad months. But eventually it always turns around and I remember why I stay.

My IL's have been married over 50 years. I've known them over 20 years. Never once have I ever heard either of them utter the word divorce in relation to their marriage. Marriage is for life to them. They both had parents who married for life and that strong background is in them. It would take something huge to break them apart.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Depends on the context. Hubby sent me a cryptic text yesterday that said "You have no idea what I am going through for you right now" followed by various heart emoji's and stickers. I told him if he's getting my name tattooed anywhere that it was grounds for divorce.....turns out he just got me chik fil a (Closest one is over 3 hours away, he was out there for work and decided to get some on the way home.)
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It depends. My MIL jokingly hollers DIVORCE when FIL says something goofy. She isn't mad and doesn't want a divorce she's just an old lady that enjoys F***ing with her husband. It's actually pretty hilarious.
Locked Previous topicNext topic