Macy’s now has plus size mannequins.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’m walking around a mall for 3 hours while my car gets serviced, and I just noticed this. Thoughts?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:43 am I’m walking around a mall for 3 hours while my car gets serviced, and I just noticed this. Thoughts?
Good for them? There are plus sized people in the world, and they need clothes too.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I haven't been to a mall in probably a year... I'm glad more people are being represented in mannequin form. Not everyone is a tall size 2.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lots of places have them. If they sell plus size clothes, why shouldn't they have mannequins that can showcase them to a customer?
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There are a lot of plus size people so it makes sense to have mannequins that are representative of the people who are buying the clothes.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I don't like Macy's.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

A lot of stores have plus size mannequins
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If the store sells plus-sized clothes, then there should be plus-sized mannequins modeling the outfits.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I mean, it would be helpful to have mannequins that show what clothing looks like on actual sized people. I remember once I asked a sales associate in a major department store if they had a certain outfit in my size, because I couldn't find them anywhere. She said the only pair they had left in my size were on the mannequin, but she could take them off and sell me those. When she was taking them off, I noticed that they actually had the pants and shirt clipped in the back, because they were too big for the mannequin.
I'm a size 2 and this mannequin was a good five inches taller than me, but they have to clip the clothing or it will be too big? What percentage of women are 6 feet tall and a size 00? Overweight people exist, why should they not get to see how an outfit would look on a bigger person?
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Why shouldn't there be plus size mannequins in a store that sells plus size clothing?
Locked Previous topicNext topic