Vegans in the office

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Or this!

Emmasmom wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:08 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:07 pm Next time get her an impossible burger from Burger King and just go “we did think of you!!!” Enjoy!!! 😂
Emmasmom wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:49 pm

We just had a family dinner at our house because my husband's cius in n came up from out of state. I made a ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and a salad. My MIL complained because I cooked the casserole in the same oven I cooked the ham (I only have one oven) and there wasnt enough options for her to eat. She ate the salad and that's all.
My husband said he was going to buy her a fern plant to eat lol
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

E is nuts. Plain and simple.

I used to work with a guy that he was completely vegetarian. He was also vegan when he cooked for himself but when out he would cheat at being vegan sometimes. But never cheated at being vegetarian. So at work, when pizza was bought for the whole department our Admin Asst would just make sure to get either a cheese pizza or a veggie pizza and he was quite happy. He didn't care that all the other pizzas had meat on them. And he was sensitive to meat himself. He said he could taste it if a restaurant used chicken broth to make mashed potatoes. He hated the taste of any kind of meat. But as long as he didn't have to eat it he didn't care what others ate, even in front of him.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm confused. She eats eggs, but is vegan? That makes no sense as vegans do not consume meat products nor do they normally consume eggs, honey or dairy. Is she possibly ovo-vegetarian and not vegan?

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:59 am That's absolutely ridiculous! I have an aunt that is vegan and a couple of friends. It is a little annoying when food is made to be such a "chore" to find things they want to eat. With my friends we usually just order food from a place that has vegan and regular food and for my aunt she will eat deviled eggs and pasta salad and pick off toppings on the pizza we order. I don't go out of my way to provide vegan food. Although for my friends last year we grilled veggie burgers for them.
Momto1son wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:46 am The Keurig and the microwave post got me thinking. we have 2 strict vegans in the office along with a few vegetarians.

My question is who the meat eaters be mindful when bringing lunch? The one vegan we will call her S says she doesn't care what people eat or warm up. For office parties she is always given a budget for vegan friendly stuff. When we donoyr summer cook out she brings her own portable grill.

Now the other vegan we will call her E is the opposite. Whenever anyone brings meat in she yells and asks them not to. She complains about the smell. Even if soneone mentions meat she goes on a rant.

Well yesterday someone warmed up pulled pork. Shr came back to the lunch area on a rampage about how she feels violated and no one cares about her. She went to the office manager and was basically told thet her rights don't out weigh others.

S tells E all the time to get over it.

E wants a meat free environment. Now I don't think that will ever happen.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

We're vegetarian and have some friends who are vegan and friends (and our kids) who are omnivores. What other people eat has never bothered anyone I know. When we have friends over, I cook what I think they'll enjoy and be able to eat.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 9

Unread post

fake news
Deleted User 203

Unread post

"E" sounds like a narcissistic drama queen. Best to ignore as much as humanly possible. IE...don't give her an audience.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She's being crazy and unreasonable. As long as coworkers are not spiking her food with meat she doesn't have a case. She will just have to get over it...invest in a air purifier, candles, wall plug ins or nose plugs. :)
Turkle
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I have a friend who is vegan, but she scarfs down ice cream and chocolate.

Many brands of chocolate use whey power which can contain rennet - a commonly used coagulating enzyme extracted from a calf's stomach after slaughter. White and milk chocolate are much more likely to fall into this category.

In May 2014, Cadbury was forced to recall two of its products in Malaysia after traces of pig DNA were found during a routine check.

While most of Cadbury's products are labelled as being suitable for vegetarians, some, like its Dairy Milk Daim bars for example, are not due to using rennet.

McDonald's Hot Chocolate is another product which is confirmed as containing animal rennet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food ... ducts.html
"Prison inmates are treated to cable TV, hot meals and a college education, while on the outside some people can only afford these things through a life of crime."
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Turkle wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:19 pm I have a friend who is vegan, but she scarfs down ice cream and chocolate.

Many brands of chocolate use whey power which can contain rennet - a commonly used coagulating enzyme extracted from a calf's stomach after slaughter. White and milk chocolate are much more likely to fall into this category.

In May 2014, Cadbury was forced to recall two of its products in Malaysia after traces of pig DNA were found during a routine check.

While most of Cadbury's products are labelled as being suitable for vegetarians, some, like its Dairy Milk Daim bars for example, are not due to using rennet.

McDonald's Hot Chocolate is another product which is confirmed as containing animal rennet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food ... ducts.html
Ice cream?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I don't know why U R.
But so M I.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:14 am I have a Q, but it's not about S or E.
Why am I completely bored off my A?
Locked Previous topicNext topic