Toxic people.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

If you recognize a person is toxic, why would you continue to talk to them in the first place? Why would you even take the time to acknowledge that someone that is toxic has stopped talking to you when the goal would be to avoid them as much as possible to begin with?

"A toxic person is no longer talking to me and I love it. It's like they took the trash out themselves."

Who would talk to somebody when they thought that person was trash all along?

It sounds more like that person was a little hurt when they were rejected and trying to make them feel better about themselves by putting the other person down and marking them as being trash anyway. Making themselves sound toxic to be around.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What are you babbling about?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe they were a co-worker. Maybe a client or a family member. Someone they couldn't easily avoid.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I could see when it's family, especially a parent, that it can be difficult to cut them out of your life. On some level you feel an obligation and can't just completely walk away. My mom wasn't the most toxic, but her alcoholism made her a level of toxic you could say, and I never really did completely cut her out. I would go long periods of time without communicating with her, but never completely cut her out. It was like still being a child on some level and still needing her on some level. It's hard to explain.

Now if we are talking about say a casual friend who you've discovered is toxic, that should be easier to just drop them and move on. They haven't been a part of your entire life like a parent or sibling has.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:00 am Maybe they were a co-worker. Maybe a client or a family member. Someone they couldn't easily avoid.
I thought of that. But if the "toxic trash" can stop and avoid speaking to them, then it must have not have been absolutely mandatory that they communicate with each other, so this has to be a toxic person that treats people like trash that was hurt when they were rejected. Right?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 am
Pjmm wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:00 am Maybe they were a co-worker. Maybe a client or a family member. Someone they couldn't easily avoid.
I thought of that. But if the "toxic trash" can stop and avoid speaking to them, then it must have not have been absolutely mandatory that they communicate with each other, so this has to be a toxic person that treats people like trash that was hurt when they were rejected. Right?
It can get more complicated than that. I've had toxic coworkers and the only way I ended that was to quit my job which I didnt want to do. Or one dates someone and keeps trying to make things better. Sometimes it takes a while to see someone is toxic. Sometimes you feel you're the one to blame. "Shrug"
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:59 am What are you babbling about?
Run along. Go find yourself a nice easy-to -read children's story book with pictures that you can understand.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 am
Run along. Go find yourself a nice easy-to -read children's story book with pictures that you can understand.
Well that’s an intelligent reply.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

And your response of what are you babbling about was an intelligent reply?
LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:22 am
Well that’s an intelligent reply.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I can't speak for Lucky or anyone else, but when I read your post, I said to myself, "I wish she would just tell us who treated whom poorly so that we can give good feedback." I don't consider myself illiterate or stupid. But responding to you would be easier for me if your post had been straight forward. For me, it was the last paragraph (and too many "thems" and "theys") that made it difficult for me to follow.

Can you clarify?
What is it that you are bothered by? Is it that you know someone (I'll call her Clare) who continues to talk with a toxic person and you just can't understand why Clare continues to talk with the toxic person? Or are you saying that it drives you crazy that Clare is upset about the fact that a toxic person no longer engages with her? (Or maybe you're saying both?) The topic of toxicity and relationships with toxic people is a hot topic. I'd love to further discuss (after I'm sure about what we're discussing. lol)

"It sounds more like that person was a little hurt when they were rejected and trying to make them feel better about themselves by putting the other person down and marking them as being trash anyway. Making themselves sound toxic to be around."

Locked Previous topicNext topic