S/O For those that said the keurig is fair game in the break room...

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Mom2boys973 brought up an interesting point. She said her DH has his own microwave on the break room counter for his personal use only because he keeps kosher. So, would you still use that microwave because it's there or would you respect his personal use of it? After all it is taking up valuable counter space, someone may be using the other one and you only have a few minutes to eat, he shouldn't have brought it in the first place etc.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well in my office Idk where he'd put it. We have very little room. But if he did I would respect him and not use it. But I wouldnt have used the Keruig either. I find it just as easy to bring a thermos of coffee to work. I can see why people would at first make the mistake of using something but after that what's the problem?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If a person puts something in the break room and requested it not be used/eaten. I wouldn’t mess with it... It’s a boundary respect thing for me.

I wouldn’t have used the keurig either. I don’t believe everything in a break room or shared space is fair game for everyone to use.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

At my husband's job, one of his coworkers has a water kettle in the break room. Another has a smoothie maker. They are able to leave them there and no one uses them without asking first.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just can’t imagine using someone else’s things, but I was taught as a child that I didn’t have to share. My things were mine.

What happens when someone breaks the kurieg? Are they going to replace it? Or expect the person who owns it to replace it?
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

How big are these break rooms? In our office, we keep personal appliances in our own offices. Several people have Keurigs or mini-fridges. I dont know of any microwaves, but I guess someone could. There's no way our kitchen could accommodate just the appliances I know of. And there's only about 20 people at our location.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I wouldn't use other peoples stuff without asking first.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If someone asked me not to use their stuff, then I wouldn't do it. If I knew they brought it from home, I would have asked before I ever used it in the first place.

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can’t drink coffee but even if I did, I wouldn’t use it. I’ve read too much about bacteria growing in coffee machines. I clean dh’s every week.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He'd just be expected to keep it in his own space. I wouldn't use it, I wouldn't have used the keurig, but I would expect both the microwave and keurig to be moved and not kept in the community space.
Locked Previous topicNext topic