Fk'n martyr

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:22 am
Smarties wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:36 pm Lol at all these women who think its a wife's job to baby her husband and pander to that whining.
Being nice isnt a bad thing. If he was acting like this to her everyone would be screaming what an assholw he is.

There's a difference between what some of these women are saying and "being nice."

In educational psychology they termed this phenomenon learned helplessness.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

If my DH had a toothache while at work, he should stop off at the pharmacy on the way home. If he chose not to but then complained to me about pain, I'd just be thinking to myself, "It was stupid of him to know that he's in pain and to not stop off and get something for it.") But I'd probably still make recommendations to him as to how he might alleviate the pain. And if the pharmacy is only 5 minutes away, if I was able to, I might run for his pain killer. (But yes. I would probably still think it wasn't too smart of him to have not stopped off for it.)
Smarties wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:37 am
leadfoot40 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:22 am
Smarties wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:36 pm Lol at all these women who think its a wife's job to baby her husband and pander to that whining.
Being nice isnt a bad thing. If he was acting like this to her everyone would be screaming what an assholw he is.

There's a difference between what some of these women are saying and "being nice."

In educational psychology they termed this phenomenon learned helplessness.
Locked Previous topicNext topic