Update: New Momconfessions Blog Site - Income Opportunity

thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Following. I have been thinking about doing something like this or some kind of freelance work.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I guess, but the stir just took stuff that was being talked about on the forum and, in some cases, just posted screenshots. Now they steal from baby center lol
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:42 pm Honestly it sounds exactly the way The Stir started on cafemom and ultimately killed it.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:31 pm I guess, but the stir just took stuff that was being talked about on the forum and, in some cases, just posted screenshots. Now they steal from baby center lol
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:42 pm Honestly it sounds exactly the way The Stir started on cafemom and ultimately killed it.
They had actually recruited a couple members to write their blogs as well and would "pay" them in the form of free logo items (coffee mugs) and $5 gift cards to Amazon. Members needed to write a certain number of blogs per week and they had a word minimum too. It was ridiculous. It started with taking posts from the Answers section, then the SS and stealing shit from Babycenter and they even copied articles from google and yahoo and just reworded it.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:25 am Any topics in particular? I'd love to write something.
Oh my god...your avatar made me laugh out loud. thank you
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I would like to try this. I'd probably prefer starting out anonymously until I got a feel for this project.
Count me in.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:00 am Yea, plus the blog entries need approved by me before going up on the site so if we do get anything out of line or inappropriate it can be disapproved. I understand completely that some people either write about sensitive topics or are concerned about keeping their personal information safe so I am in complete support of anonymous posting. It would be like on here though where I would need to know who is posting, this time instead of for moderating purposes it would be for ad sharing reasons.
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:54 am
12skipafew wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:45 am Yes, the setup I have allows anonymous entries.
While I am not a fan of the Anonymous button, many are. I guess it is better to include anonymous entries to have maximum participation than only named profiles with less participation since this is a revenue generating opportunity.
What kinds of things would be out of line or inappropriate?

Would a separate account with a different screen name be available?

I never read The Stir so I'm not familiar with what I guess is blogging.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Inappropriate would be trying to use it as a bitch blog to complain about other members or posting obscene or threatening material. I don’t mind when people post about more sensitive topics like S*x, religion, money, etc.

I think I am going to keep accounts separate. There’s a way to bridge phpbb accounts with Wordpress but there’s so many people with multiple accounts and usernames that don’t fit the Wordpress requirements, mainly symbols in usernames, that it makes more sense to keep it separate.

The main difference between a blog and a forum is that a forum post usually has minimum information and used to ask something or vent with everyone to start a discussion. A blog post is well thought out, usually longer, and has more information. It’s used to inform rather than ask or vent and isn’t about discussion with others. An article and blog post are pretty much the same thing but blogs tend to be more personal or share an opinion the blog writer has.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:52 pm
12skipafew wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:00 am Yea, plus the blog entries need approved by me before going up on the site so if we do get anything out of line or inappropriate it can be disapproved. I understand completely that some people either write about sensitive topics or are concerned about keeping their personal information safe so I am in complete support of anonymous posting. It would be like on here though where I would need to know who is posting, this time instead of for moderating purposes it would be for ad sharing reasons.

While I am not a fan of the Anonymous button, many are. I guess it is better to include anonymous entries to have maximum participation than only named profiles with less participation since this is a revenue generating opportunity.
What kinds of things would be out of line or inappropriate?

Would a separate account with a different screen name be available?

I never read The Stir so I'm not familiar with what I guess is blogging.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:29 pm That stuff sounds great, I may just be overloaded on too many breastfeeding mommy blog articles lol It seems like every mommy blog has the same tips on newborn care and they all just compete for the top google ranking.
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:57 pm
12skipafew wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:02 am Anything really, it could be a personal story, it could be general advice, it could be about something you do as a hobby, etc. As long as it relates to you as a mom somehow and isn’t a typical mommy blog post that has been done to death like the 10 best breastfeeding tips lol.
😂 well there goes anything I would blog about - best family travel destinations and activities, what showed up in my kids’ Stitchfix boxes (for their spring break trip 😂), recipe ideas, and my new Peloton.

You’re making me feel like I’m lacking in depth 😂.
Newborn hell. What we need is insights on say if your teenager is failing half his classes or you caught her sneaking out a window at 2 am. Not that we'd have the answers but it would be nice for a reader to know hey I'm not the only clueless parent out there lol.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s the stuff I would want to read lol The infant stuff is completely over saturated online
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:49 pm
12skipafew wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:29 pm That stuff sounds great, I may just be overloaded on too many breastfeeding mommy blog articles lol It seems like every mommy blog has the same tips on newborn care and they all just compete for the top google ranking.
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:57 pm

😂 well there goes anything I would blog about - best family travel destinations and activities, what showed up in my kids’ Stitchfix boxes (for their spring break trip 😂), recipe ideas, and my new Peloton.

You’re making me feel like I’m lacking in depth 😂.
Newborn hell. What we need is insights on say if your teenager is failing half his classes or you caught her sneaking out a window at 2 am. Not that we'd have the answers but it would be nice for a reader to know hey I'm not the only clueless parent out there lol.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Oh, I know you tried it over there, skip! And like I say, I understand why you don't have that option over there. They already go for blood so as it is. They don't need the anon option making it even worse. :lol:
12skipafew wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:05 am Anonymous posting does not work in that group at all. There’s way too many strong feelings and sensitive topics it turns into a blood bath with anonymous posting. I’ve had it in there before.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:50 am This. I have often thought that there would be more activity in News & Politics, too, if the anon option were available there. But I understand that many who use that forum do not want the anon option there. And I respect that. I don't understand it. But I respect it.

Locked Previous topicNext topic