Withdrawal from quitting smoking cigarettes?

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh no, you did it so it can’t possibly be that hard for someone else.

News flash. I quit in June.

I’d tried for a whole year leading up to that, I tried everything under the sun, and even changed my smoking habits. Then in June my husband went into the ICU for a lung infection, he was there for two weeks and I decided when he came out, no more cigarettes. He was also a smoker and I figured after two weeks he’d be good, and I didn’t want to ruin that.

Well he still smokes, he’s just not strong enough because it affects him differently.

When I decided to quit, quit, it wasn’t horrible, but I still had some withdraw symptoms.

Moral, no two people are the same.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msgme wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:51 pm Yesterday was 3 weeks since i quit and its been pure torture. I'm starting to feel the benefits of quitting, which is the only thing keeping me going.
You can do it!!! It is hard and it will take a few more months but it’s worth it.

It’s been 5 years this month for me. I still feel the urge now and then but I tried one last April and it was nasty.

🥳
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:46 am there is a person who is saying that they quit smoking cigarettes and they're going through withdrawal and it's just awful. And I want to say, are you F***ing crazy?
Nicotine withdrawal is is a bitch. No they aren't crazy. I admit I'd get bitchy quitting smoking.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msgme wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:51 pm Yesterday was 3 weeks since i quit and its been pure torture. I'm starting to feel the benefits of quitting, which is the only thing keeping me going.
Keep it up! It’s hard but you can do it! It’s been just over a year for me!
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:46 am there is a person who is saying that they quit smoking cigarettes and they're going through withdrawal and it's just awful. And I want to say, are you F***ing crazy?
Only a numbskull troll would say something like this
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Nicotine addiction is worse than drug addiction and I am a smoker it is very real and the withdrawals from it are very bad.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:10 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:55 am I quit cold turkey myself after 20 years. There was no withdrawal symptoms.
Now I’m calling troll. You a damn lie
I quit smoking after 10 years. I also had no withdrawal symptoms. I know they exist because my husband got them bad when we quit but I didn't. That doesn't make me a troll or a liar.
Locked Previous topicNext topic