Withdrawal from quitting smoking cigarettes?

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hell I don't get my daily dose of coffee I get a headache and feel cranky. I'm sure if you're a pack a day smoker it's worse. I remember before the clean air act our secretary smoked. Eventually she had to quit and go on oxygen. I heard she still snuck cigarettes. But she was a chain smoker.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why would you think they are crazy? Nicotine withdrawal is a real thing, and I’m sure it’s not a great experience.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Quitting smoking was one of the hardest things I've done, I never want to go through that again. I can only imagine how hardcore drug users must feel when they're coming off of stuff.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:55 am I quit cold turkey myself after 20 years. There was no withdrawal symptoms.
How weird, it's a bit crazy that it still took 20 years to quit, if you weren't even getting the joy & motivation of feeding a physical addiction!
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:55 am I quit cold turkey myself after 20 years. There was no withdrawal symptoms.
Let me guess - you never inhaled? lmao. 20 years... omg - this site...
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They definitely aren't the crazy one in this story.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It’s called nicotine.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I quit 27 years ago, I smoked a pack a day. Withdraw was horrible, it was a very rough couple of weeks, but when it was done it was so worth it. I remember headaches, being so grumpy, short tempered and everything tasted weird. Now I can't stand the smell of smoke, just the smell of it gives me a headache. I can't believe I ever smelled like that.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:29 pm I quit 27 years ago, I smoked a pack a day. Withdraw was horrible, it was a very rough couple of weeks, but when it was done it was so worth it. I remember headaches, being so grumpy, short tempered and everything tasted weird. Now I can't stand the smell of smoke, just the smell of it gives me a headache. I can't believe I ever smelled like that.
I would break out in a cold sweat, my heart would race and my palms would get cold and clammy when I had a withdrawal.
And you're right about the smell. I can't stand it now.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yesterday was 3 weeks since i quit and its been pure torture. I'm starting to feel the benefits of quitting, which is the only thing keeping me going.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Locked Previous topicNext topic