What's for dinner 1/23/20?

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:51 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:44 pm Rib-eye steak with blue cheese crumbles, served with butternut squash & spinach orzo on the side. Apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
We grilled steak last night. I love steak with a compound butter instead of steak sauce. Do you use straight blue cheese or add anything with it?
I frequently throw a few pats of compound butter on steak too. I have made blue cheese compound butter in the past, but tonight, I think I will just crumble it over the steaks. Idk, I may make a quick pan sauce. I’ll have to see.
gamma2three
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

BBQ pork chops, potato salad, baked beans and garlic rolls.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Alfredo and broccoli
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Fridge clean out. I'm volunteering at a school auction tonight, so we're all doing leftovers. It'll be a combination of pizza, burritos/taco makings, and chicken and rice with mushroom sauce.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:49 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:41 pm Swiss steak, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted parm brussel sprouts, & tomato/cuke/red onion salad.
Do you add canned tomatoes to the swiss steak?
Yes I do. canned diced tomatoes, some tomato paste, & beef stock. I use Alton Brown's recipe.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Copycat recipe for Alice Spring Chicken, baked potatoes, spinach and mushroom salad for DH and I and carrots for the kids. My very sweet neighbor brought me homemade cherry ice cream. I may or may not share lol.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Spaghetti, garden salad, garlic knots, hibiscus tea, lemon pound cake.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Whelp, my husband is working late tonight. And my son has plans to go out. And my daughter isn't home from Australia yet. So I stopped and bought myself a hot fudge sundae for dinner. But then I walked through the front door and it was super cold in my house. The thermostat was calling for 68 but it was 54 mother jumpin' degrees! My son, who has been home all day, agreed it was cold but said he didnt think he should touch the thermostat. That's a 19yo honor student for ya! Oil company is sending a guy and my son helped me tidy up around the boiler before going out. But his car wouldn't start!! So he gave it a jump and is now driving around the neighborhood in circles while I wait for the mechanic and eat ice cream which, while still delicious, would be more enjoyable in a 72 degree house.

Thanks for asking!
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Italian breaded chicken, garlic asparagus, mashed potatoes and salad. And dh cooked! This hasn’t happened in like 5 years!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Grilled chicken and risotto with onions, garlic, spinach, asparagus, and tomatoes.

Tomorrow is scallops and vegetable fried rice.
Locked Previous topicNext topic