Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd probably just donate it to a good cause.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There is nothing honorable in being a disgusting human being either. I’d rather do what I believe is the right thing and be called an idiot than doing something that would haunt me.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:06 am A man found $43,000 hidden in a couch. He located the family of the dead person the couch used to belong to and handed the cash over to them. The family didn't know about the money, nor did they even give him a gift of gratitude.

How stupid can people be? He bought the couch and the money now belonged to him. Free and clear. No reason to feel guilty about keeping the money he came into. He didn't even get a lousy $5 gift to buy a cup of coffee. Was that 5 minutes of fame and pat on the back worth $43,000?

How did he know if the dead person had a good relationship with these family members? What if they treated the dead person like a dog then took the $43,000 they didn't know about. Maybe that person didn't want them to have it.

There is nothing noble or honorable about being an idiot.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wow! That is a very decent person. It would be tempting to hang onto it. Whether the family got along with the deceased or not, that man's conscience is clear.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How do we know she didn’t give him anything?
Anonymous 8

Unread post

All I got from our used couch was a really old baggy of weed. The guys kids or grandkids must have shoved it in there either that or that 80 yr old man liked to party 😂
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree with you for the most part.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He did the right thing.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

It became mine the moment I bought it.
I wouldn't have even given a thought to searching out a family member.
If I had found knitting needles and yard in the couch should those also have been returned? HELL NO
Anonymous 8

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:45 am It became mine the moment I bought it.
I wouldn't have even given a thought to searching out a family member.
If I had found knitting needles and yard in the couch should those also have been returned? HELL NO
I think a better comparison would be when people find priceless antiques in attics, basements, or in the walls of a house they purchased or when someone buys a storage unit and finds money or items worth a lot of cash. Once you buy it it’s yours. I’m just sad I never get anything good 😂
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would give the money back as well and wouldn’t expect any gift over that. It’s simply the right thing to and it’s sad that people like you expect a reward for doing what’s right.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic